25 November 2008

Not my normal day

I'm starting work at 3:30 today. Crazy, huh? I had cancellations, so I'm home and trying to use the extra time wisely. I started at the aquatic center. It reopened yesterday, and boy did I needed the workout. I've been walking, but I've been eating everything in sight, and it shows. Even in 2 weeks. I called the center beforehand to make sure they were open. I swam 2/3 of my normal amount since I'm out of practice, plus I have a problem shoulder. This time I found that I forgot my undergarments. I guess that's easy to forget when you put your clothes over your swimsuit. I'm just glad I planned to come home afterwards.

I've done laundry, paid bills, rearranged my closet, etc. It's been great. I only wish I had the rest of the day off.

That said, I'm going to get busy. One more hour before work time.

12 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Wow, you're so efficient. You got a lot done.

I'm glad you're working up to your normal swim routine. It's better to start slow after a layoff.

Gin said...

I swam today and did more than usual. I can feel it, but it's a good feeling. You're smart to start back slow and easy!

Hey, I really do want that Baked Pineapple recipe. It sounds so good!

Summer said...

What is going on with your shoulder? It's starting to worry me a bit.

Brad said...

I wish I had your motivation to exercise. I'm going to have to find it soon at the rate I'm going!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I need to get your motivation like Ruth said!

But your shoulder? Do you think a lot of it is from work and then swimming? No torn rotator cuff I hope? (sp!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

E~

heiresschild said...

cancellations suck, but at least it gave you some downtime for other things.

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING CHERYL!

bonnie said...

That was an awesome day! I finished all my cooking yesterday, so today is for relaxing. I can't believe it! Happy Thanksgiving Cheryl!

Rick Rockhill said...

Cheryl- you made me tired just reading all you did! Hope you get time to relax a bit and enjoy the holiday today!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

How's your shoulder?
happy thanksgiving!!!

Thank you for you and your friendship!

E

Gin said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

SOUL said...

it was a good thing you didn't have to go right to work that day eh? kinda mighta been a problem?

anyhow--
happy turkey day--- shoulder ok??

hope you have a great weekend

Jamie said...

It is really hard to get motivated to go to work at that hour, isn't it? I have always wondered how folks that work second shift managed.

I hope your holiday was wonderful! I have been pretty absent recently but I think I read that your were going to be eating elsewhere, not hosting. So, I hope your day was easy and happy.

Have a great weekend. Hugs.

Post a Comment

I love comments!