13 October 2009

I can't say This and That, again

Emily was supposed to have a game today so I was scheduled to get off early from work. The game was canceled a while ago but I forgot to change my schedule. I'll be working late tomorrow night. I called Kathy and we met for lunch. It was delicious but I overate and have felt pretty miserable since. I'm finally, hours later, feeling better. I had to take a nap, and I never, ever, ever nap! Part of what made me feel so bad is that I ran out of meds for my reflux. I have no good excuse for that. I made the calls today and the pills should arrive in the mail in a few days. I took some over-the-counter stuff when I came home.

I fell asleep while reading my book club book, Tender at the Bone, by Ruth Reichl. She was the restaurant critic for the New York Times when she wrote the book. She was the restaurant critic and food editor for the L.A. Times before that. She went on to become the editor of Gourmet. Her books are great. She's very funny. I read her 3 memoirs years ago and loved them. Her 4th came out last week. The book contains lots of recipes and we'll be cooking them for our book club meeting on the 25th. I'm up and ready to read again.

Here's a few random pictures

Karen at me at...


Eating.


Kit and I at her brother's party.


Her 92 year-old father and me.


And just to be a little more random, my grandmother and me. Not happy.


I remember all the ornate iron fences in Brooklyn. I wonder if many of them are left?

Book time!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love your pics -- and you friend Karen has the most beautiful hair! You were a little cutie, still are.

Happy Hump Day!

:)

Forsythia said...

Hope the fences are still there. Perhaps the sun was shining in your grandma's eyes. Perhaps you were standing on her corns. :-)

KathyA said...

What a sweet baby you were! Is that your father's mother?

Post a Comment

I love comments!