03 December 2009

Thursday, work day

What better thing to do when you wake up at the crack of dawn then write a new post? I had a reprieve for two days and woke up at 6:30. Today was back to the 4's. I'm not sure why. When I open my eyes I hope to see a little light from my windows. I thought I saw it today. I stayed in bed for a while with my eyes closed, hoping to fall back asleep. Finally I looked a the clock and it was 4:34. Oh well, I just stayed in bed with my eyes closed to think. After a while I realized I could/should be doing things as long as I was awake. I worked on the e-vites for my party--setting up reminders. So far I have a definite 38 attending. I updated some financial information on the high school application. Read some e-mail. Soon I'll go downstairs and finish decorating my tree. I got 90% of it done yesterday before work. I put up all my outdoor lights the morning before. That was brrrr. Yesterday after work I had a lot of energy so I went shopping. Spent a bundle at the liquor store. At the party store for the papergoods. Then I went to Kohl's to look for something to wear. I usually wear black or gray slacks to my party and a nice top. I've bought a few tops but not the perfect one yet. I bought a black jersey wrap dress last night, but don't know if I want to wear a dress. Maybe I'll have time to shop before work today. The good thing is that I'm at my skinny weight so shopping is a lot more fun.

I've invited my new 'friend' Rob to my work party on Saturday night. That's a big deal. People want to see who's put this constant grin on my face.

I've said it before; I've been remiss in visiting my blogging friends. I've just been busy and the month will continue that way. I miss you. It's temporary. You're as important to me as if you were a friend that I saw in person. If you lived closer, I'd want you at my party.

9 comments:

Jules said...

Happy Thursday Cheryl!! Don't you love planning a party?? I do too.

We're going to need wayyyy more information about Rob!!! Nothing like a titillating romance to make the holidays bright!!

Susan said...

Um...yeah...Rob???

mary said...

I'm happy to know that the "grinning period" is still part of your days. Christmas is a wonderful time to grin. Waiting for pics of your party - you will include Rod - right?

Lauralew said...

Those grins are great!

Don't worry about blogging friends--it is better to hang with face to face people, I think. Have fun planning your party!

KathyA said...

I'm sleeping enough for the two of us! You DO manage to get soooo much done in a day!

Moohaa said...

You sound so content right now! I'm happy for you. And don't worry about us, we who read you yearly, know your schedule is crazy.

Maybe a pic will pop up of your new friend at the party? Have you all been seeing each other a bit?? :)

Hugs!!

Jamie said...

You are such a sweetie. I'd be there too - you know. First of all, I want to mee Rob. And secondly, your parties are just plain awesome.

Hugs, girl. You got it goin' on....and that makes me so happy for you. :)

C.A. said...

God, what could be better than a new friend to make you grin constantly, and a constant barrage of holiday parties to attend with this friend. OMG...I'm so envious, and you are so very deserving of all of this goodness Cheryl! Enjoy EVERY SECOND. Oh....wear the dress! :)

Hugs....

C.A.

kristi said...

Have fun!!

Post a Comment

I love comments!