21 August 2014

Thankful

I used to start most of my summer posts saying I was sitting on my porch. Funny how the porch changed to the deck. It started because Sparky could be out here with me. I guess it still is, but it's really a lovely view. It means I don't get to see my front garden as much. Both are great places. 

I'll admit here that the first thing I do when I wake up is look at my phone. Twenty-something years ago I would have smoked a cigarette as soon as I woke up. And right before I turned out the light for bed. And if I woke up in the middle of the night. So I'm still an addict, but in a much better way. This leads me to this video I saw this morning. I think everyone should see it. http://qpolitical.com/ice-bucket-challenge-end-like-rest-gotta-see/ I hope the link works. Using blogger on my iPad is much different than on my laptop, which I never use. Except to change my Facebook cover or profile picture. I have a Zagg keyboard case for my iPad and with it I hardly have a use for my laptop.

I recently came back from a 3 day trip to Stone Harbor, NJ where I joined my cousins on their vacation. This was my 5th year of doing this. I love Stone Harbor but most importantly, I love being with my cousins. There's just a special bond between cousins. Brian and I grew up being best-friends cousins. His wife Maureen and I feel like blood cousins. I wish I could have stayed there longer.




It's been a great summer, and I have fun things planned thru the fall. I'm signed up for kayaking trips with my groups twice a week. I'm going kayaking for 3 days next month at Jane's Island on the Eastern Shore. That's cabin camping. I'm going kayaking in Williamsburg on the James River in October. Tent camping. I have bike trips and concerts and other fun things on my calendar. I am so thankful for my ability to adapt and find new ways to be happy. 


1 comment:

Linda said...

Your photos are lovely! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

Post a Comment

I love comments!