05 November 2006

I had a good post going. Then I got involved with trying to paste my pictures where I wanted them to be, and lost the text. Can I just say boo hoo? I'm trying again.

Last night was book club night. One of the members, Dolly, moved to PA, and the plan was to make a road trip to her house. I decided it was just too far to go for a short visit. If I didn't work on Saturday I would have gone. So, I got my friend Kit, also a book clubber, to play hooky and hang out. Em was supposed to spend the night with her Dad, but I gave him the wrong date and he dropped her off at the house. Good thing I was there. Let me just say I love being a part of my book club. My sister Lisa invited me to join her group, and I was welcomed by people that were actually excited to have me be a part. They are fun, real, and always happy to be together. Thought I'd put in a few pictures of some of us.



We started the night off at the new Nautilus Diner in Crofton. Great place. It was bright and shiny new. Kit had her laptop and entertained us with her new Power Point skills. From there we browsed Marshall's and Homegoods. It was fun seeing all the Christmas stuff. Yes, I know it's way early, but, you have to go with it. What are you gonna do, you know? Here's Emily and I checking out the very comfortable overstuffed chair in Homegoods. I'd like to take that one home.





Can you tell I'm having fun with the pictures? I'm getting better at inserting them, but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. We finished the night at Caribou Coffee. I'm going to end for now. I'll write more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl - I have known you for years. You have taken pictures in stores long before you had Emily. You would pose with Linda* wearing every hat in the store. Other times, you and Linda would drape wild outfits or lingerie in front of you. I have no proof, just the memory. I could never do that. With my luck, the manager would be around the corner.

*she debuted as a singer in a band in the worst section of the city.

Post a Comment

I love comments!