15 December 2006

I went shopping with Emily last night for an outfit for tomorrow night's party. It was so hard to find something we could both agree on. I was determined not to argue, and not to give in to anything I didn't approve of. After much trying on, and lots of attempts to argue on her part, we came up with a great outfit. Just right for a 13 year old. Trendy and cute. I'll post pictures later. I'm not much of a shopper. If I'm in the mood and find clothes that I like, I'll buy everything, and then not go into a store for months. I'd love to have someone shop for me. I like to look good, but I don't think I'm good at putting outfits together. We had talked about going to uniforms in my salon, and tried out the all black look, but no decision was ever made. I decided that all black would be my own uniform. I have about 5 identical black turtleneck tops and 3 or 4 pairs of black slacks. I'll wear a top with color occasionally. I'm very happy with the look and with not having to make a decision.

Work has been very busy. For some people, the only time they can sit and relax during this season is while they're at the hair salon. I try and make it nice for them. It's a fun time of year for me because I get so many presents from my generous clients. And, there's lots to talk about too.

I missed celebrating Hanukkah with my family tonight. It's the first time I've ever missed it. Friday is a late night for me and I couldn't change my schedule. We've had it at my brother's the last few years and we always have potato latkes and steak fajitas. How's that for a combination? We're a rowdy group, and everyone has a great time. I was really looking forward to taking a picture of my sister Lisa. I took a picture of her last year frying the latkes. Since then, she's lost a great deal of weight and I wanted to take a new picture of the new Lisa doing the frying. I asked for someone to do that for me.

I'm only working two hours tomorrow..from 8AM till 10:00. Then Starbucks, (I'll be looking at those stirrers for a tree topper) then home to cook and clean. It will be a busy day culminating in a (hopefully) wonderful party.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hi, Cheryl---thanks for sending the link to your teacher friend. I hope you have a great party tonight---will Kit be there? Tell your daughter that here in Kyiv we're already out of school for the holidays! ho ho ho! Mary Beth

Billy said...

Sounds busy. Take some time to smell the coffee. lol. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

I love comments!