16 November 2009

Good day, Sunshine

The sun is shining again. Two days in a row and I'm off work!

Guess what I woke up with? A hurting shoulder. I stopped by a platform overlooking the wetlands yesterday and did some stretches. That's all it took to get that old familiar hurt back. So strange. I guess I really can't think about swimming after all. Yesterday's walk was nice. It was more of a stroll. There was a huge great blue heron on a log that I watched for a long time. It never moved. It was just good to be outside. I'm going to do some strolling again when I'm done here. I wanted to rake, but with the shoulder, it's probably not a good idea.

I went to a play at Emily's school on Saturday night with my sister to see The Diary of Ann Frank. It was so well done, and so sad. It reminded me that I do like the theater. I had forgotten. I'm going to add that to my list of things to do.

Two things I'll talk about some other time:

I backed into my sister's car on Saturday night. It was dark, and she was parked in an unusual and unexpected spot that I couldn't see out of my rear-view mirror. I'm upset about it, but it will work out.

I met a guy last night who was really nice and we're both excited about it. Not much might come out of it, but I haven't even been on a date since my divorce, so this is big for me.

Stroll time. Then I'm making The Pioneer Woman's 'Carrot and Squash Soup with Curry.' I made it last week and it was amazing and I want more. Later on I'm meeting Kit at Sherwood and we're walking. Sound like a good day?

With that, I bid you adieu.

9 comments:

happyone said...

So you met someone. How nice. :-) Hope things go well.
Sorry to hear your shoulder is hurting you again.
You'll have to come by sometime and we can walk around the lake. I'll "stroll" around it with you. :-)
Enjoy another sunny day!!

KathyA said...

Thought about you today as I passed Sherwood Forest -- almost drove in to see what it was like.
So the meeting the guy was the big adventure or the stroll through the wetlands?
Could the shoulder have been sore from the way you slept on it?

Jamie said...

Well good heavens and you play down that you met someone? Gah..woman, you amaze me. I know you don't want to say anything until you KNOW, but we are all so nosey, WE have to KNOW. Hugs, and I am really happy for you, even if this turns out to be nothing. It's great to have someone/thing to think about. Oh and hugs again. :)

Billy said...

Wow!!! I am so excited for you! Yes, we are nosy, as Jamie put it, so you WILL have to let us KNOW!!!


lol... oh Cheryl, you know us! How can we not be nosy?

Cheryl said...

I knew I was being a tease there. Guilty.

Jules said...

OK!!!!!! I was waiting to see if you would blog it!! You are so cool. I am excited as hell about this guy......and I'll take it to email.

Ya see, I still believe itn love!

Lena said...

Sorry about the shoulder pain and having to put swimming off.

Sorry about the fender bender.. that is upsetting, but like you said, it will work out.

Count my nose in!!!!

Moohaa said...

Pain sucks.. really.

But a nice guy? That could make you forget it all. ;)

You know I wish you every happiness.

Some details would not hurt thought. :)

Seth M. Ward said...

Life is nothing but pain and sorrow with alittle pleasure mixed in here and there......

lol

Post a Comment

I love comments!