15 November 2009

Motivation

I've been such a BAD blogger. What happened to my writing all the time? I miss getting comments but it's no wonder I don't since I'm hardly writing. It's ironic how life just cycles around. Sometimes you're busy and motivated and happy. Sometimes you've got time on your hands and no motivation to do anything with it. You can't think of what to do that would make you happy. That's kind of where I am right now, and for no good reason. I'm bored and unmotivated. Life with my teen is hard. I know that has a lot to do with my mood, but I feel like I should be able to handle that without letting it affect my whole mindset. The good news is that I love my job and I'm happy when I'm working. I don't know if a lot of people can say that. My house is neat so I don't feel bad about that. My knee is finally almost normal after 11 months of pain. My shoulder, which stopped me from swimming because of an over-use injury, is just fine. I've been eating healthy of weeks now, so I feel good about that. It sounds like I need to get out there and exercise. I used to love swimming. I've thought of doing it again, but I do so much driving for Emily to her friends (at least 20 miles away) and school (13 miles) that the thought of driving 18 miles to the pool has stopped me. Maybe I just need to DO it. Today, the sun is shining. It's supposed to be around 70 degrees after what seems like a week of steady rain and cold. When I finish this sentence, I'm getting dressed and going for a walk. I just talked myself into some motivation.

8 comments:

Lena said...

You have many things that are going so well! Glad to hear that your knee and shoulder are feeling better!

That is a lot of driving to be doing, I find driving drains me of my energy.

Well hope you had a nice walk.

KathyA said...

Welcome back!! I hope you had a nice walk. I think some time in the sun will make you feel better. This week's weather got to all of us.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I'm glad you're feeling better ... not much worse than a bad knee. Seems like its so easy to RE-injure it...just turn the tiniest bit wrong and OUCH! Its a way of life for me...I've learned to be careful. LOL We've had several really beautiful days but today is gray and misting rain. Good day to stay inside with a good book or watching an old movie. Keep smilin'!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I hope you did the walk an that it helped. It's hard when your stook in a motivational rut. I've been there.

Forsythia said...

Today is a great day for a walk. Perhaps the weather this week gave you the blahs. Six grey days of cold drippy rain never did much for anyone's mood.

Lynx217 said...

Join the club. Motivation seems to be a precious commodity lately. All this cloudy rainy weather we've had lately drains everyone. Hugs!

Jamie said...

Good for you! Just having sun and warm today is a bit of a victory...and then you going out to walk? That makes it a killer day! Try hard not to let the teen issues get you down...but look who's talking here, Cheryl. I know---really KNOW, how hard it is. And yep, I would LOVE to hang out with you, too. Hugs. Go walk and/or swim for me, will ya?

:)

C.A. said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm exactly where you're at too. Big Hugs...I completely relate to every word you said.

Post a Comment

I love comments!