03 April 2010

Popsicle Toes, again

Happy Feet


I like having purple toes. Unusual color, but I like it. And I did it myself. 'Popsicle Toes' is a Michael Franks song from his album The Art of Tea. Very worth listening to if you get the chance.

Work today was a killer. I ran behind due to a scheduling glitch. I didn't stress because I knew that in the end, I'd be done and I'd have my latte and my weekend. My clients were great, even the one who had to wait for an hour. I drove to Borders and got my latte to go. I brought it home, slipped it between the weave of my hammock, and drank it while reading my book. Sounds good, huh? It was. The only stress I have left is the remembrance of my daughter's behavior towards me last night. That should be gone by tomorrow, I hope.

I'm sitting on my porch. Those of you who've known me for a while know it's my favorite place to be in nice weather. I'm looking out onto my garden now. The 75 tulip bulbs I planted in the fall are up. The few that have started to open are all a pale yellow. I'm sure I bought a multi-color package. I sure hope so. The phlox are beginning to bloom. Some daffodils are open. I'll take a picture when I have more color. My pear tree is in full bloom. It really puts out a stinky smell, but I love it anyway because it's smell means spring is here.

Time to run. Happy Saturday!

6 comments:

happyone said...

I love sitting outside too.
I'll be seeing you soon. My roots are showing! :-)

Jules said...

Ahhhh teenage angst. I don't miss it.

All of my own bulbs have bloomed and peaked, now gone and stored in the fridge for next season. My current pride are the Gerber daisy's, sweet peas, orange blossoms and nasturcsiams. With lots of magnificence coming right behind them.

We all love spring. Thanks for sharing your garden. I felt like I was there, except my latte' would have been wine.

Happy Easter Cheryl!!

Summer said...

My oldest son always gave me hard time growing up, even now he can hurt my feelings easily with just a few words. I hate the way it feels. I hope it passes quickly for you.

Jamie said...

And when God gave out rhythm, he sure was good to you.....I LOVE Michael Franks! I didn't know anyone else has ever even heard of him.

And I love the toes.

Happy Easter!

Cindy said...

I hope all of your tulip bulbs are not yellow. I have 4 clematis in my yard. I've purchased a white one, a purple one, a red one and an unusual white one with a big yellow center. They are all purple. HAHA.......people move the tags around and you get what you get.

KathyA said...

The scent of the Bradford pear is so unique! Musky! Take a photo of the tulips. I have only 1 but I haven't seen it this year....

Post a Comment

I love comments!