04 April 2012

Catching up

I can't even think of what I've been so busy with that I haven't had time to blog. Hmm.

My iPad is keeping me busy. It's the best toy ever. I'm spending too much time playing Draw Something on it. I'm glad that we're allowed to have tablets on our stations at work, though I'm usually too busy to use it, which is a good thing. We're not allowed to have our cell phones out, and that's hard.

My Spring garden has been pretty beautiful. I'll be sad to see the tulips go and the phlox fade. The good news is that I have a long summer garden to look forward to.


Last year I planted zinnias for the first time, and I did them from seed, another first. They were so beautiful and I always had a vase of them at home and at work. I tried finding more seed packages late in the season to plant more, but they were nowhere to be found. This year I've gone more than a little crazy on zinnia seeds. I had no idea there were so many varieties and I bought 8 packages! I finished planting the last of them in seed starter soil in any kind of flat container I could find, including my 9X13 pans. Where in the world will I plant all these seedlings? Zinnias, anyone? I also loved the look of basil as the greenery for the flower arrangements and I bought 3 varieties. I think I'll sow those seeds directly in the soil. I ran out of containers.

My sister from GA is here with her husband Andy and their youngest son Jonathan. We went to Baltimore on Monday and had lunch at Joe Squared, a restaurant that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It was great! I especially loved the graffiti-covered alley we passed to get there.


We went to Lexington Market and Fells Point. I took a picture of this sign in a bathroom at the market.


We decided to go to Annapolis from Baltimore, and Emily met us there. We walked the grounds of the Naval Academy. I can't believe I've never done that before. The tulips were in full bloom, and it was just beautiful. I'll be sure to be back when the azaleas are in bloom.


That's all I've got tonight. Tired!

4 comments:

happyone said...

The deep red tulips are my favorite color.
I'll take some of your zinnias if you really have too many.
Going away next week but the week after I have a hair appointment with you.

Leann said...

Our Tulips have not quite bloomed yet. The crocus is out in force and the tulip trees are trying. I love the thought of the basil with your other plants. I will have to think about that. Enjoy your Spring and beautiful weather!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I love tulips so much! I once gave my Dad some "black" tulip bulbs that were so dark purple they actually look black and were beautiful mixed in with his red ones, many people commented on them! They don't do as well here, winters are too mild, so they have to be dug up and put in a cool place. Loving your over-ambitious zinna planting, you will have seedlings galore to share! Wouldn't a little greenhouse be fun? I've thought about it! Your daughter's little pup is adorable! Noisy too I bet! :-)

Lena said...

I love seeing your garden. Just beautiful!! Sounds like a great time you had at the Naval Academy.

I have never been to any place featured on Diners,and Dive. I love that show!! Was the food as good as they said it would be?

Thank you for such a sweet comment on my blog. It means a lot to me to have your support.

Good to see a pic of Emily, too!
Have a wonderful Easter!

Post a Comment

I love comments!