02 August 2011

A good start to the day

I've been outside for about an hour and need another, but alas, work calls. Still, I'll fit in a few words and enjoy this breezy morning a little longer.

I've spoken to Kathyand she's doing really well after her successful surgery. She's walking as much as she can, and keeping the wonderful hospital staff laughing. It's not hard for her to find humor in most any situation.

I spent so many hours cleaning my house yesterday. There's nothing like looking at the results of your hard work; it's so satisfying. However, I disliked almost every minute of the job. Oh well, I keep a very neat house and I do the cleaning when I have to. There's just so many other things I want to do with my time. My salvation after cleaning was to go to the pool for an hour. The water was delightful, the sky blue with fluffy white clouds, and the surrounding trees vibrant green. I think I swam my laps with a smile on my face. It was so hot that I had my book on the edge of the pool and when I wasn't swimming, I was reading while in the water. How wonderful is that? And how wonderful to come home to a very clean house.

My siblings and I had had such a good experience at my parent's house last night. I was worried about some issues that I knew would come up and some possessions that I knew would be in contention. It went wonderfully. At one point I said, I feel so warm and fuzzy. Silly me. We had a great Chinese dinner delivered, and sat around the table eating, catching up on our families. Ah... And I did get the TV and the whole Bose surround system. And lots of things with sentimental meaning. More stuff for my very crowded basement. Oh well.

And that's that, for now. The 'party is over' (my time on my porch) and it's time to get ready for work.

Happy Tuesday!


Retired Knitter said...

I love a clean house too. And I can't stand cleaning it either. But we have been doing a major declutter and making space and cleaning a space that has less stuff in it, it easier.

Cynthia said...

I have the cleaning bug now, too! A local charity was scheduled to stop in our neighborhood, so I had my stuff out by 8 AM, labeled for the charity. Then I got to thinking about other good stuff that we didn't want any more. I put that out, too. It nearly doubled the amount of stuff, but while I was in the house making more labels, the guys came and picked up the labeled stuff. I went out, and---"What the...?" Half the stuff was still there! The stuff without labels. FORTUNATELY, they'd left a donation-record form with a phone number. I called, and they said they'd come right back. I quickly slapped labels on the rest of the donations. Feels so great to have that stuff carted away.

Noofy said...

I got to cleaning yesterday too. Your posting motivated me, thanks. Glad everything worked out at your parents house with your siblings, figured it would. Nothing like a dip in the pool to cool off.

Lena said...

Thank you for the update on Kathy. so glad to hear she is doing so well!

Post a Comment

I love comments!