21 October 2007

I love long days. Today was one of them. I'm sitting at the dining room table. The mannequin is looking my way. An open bag of Tostidos Scoops is beside me and I'm full. If I don't get back to my routine, I'm going to gain the weight I lost, and that would be bad.

I got an early start on the day and drove over to Panera's. I forgot my laptop, but that was OK because Kit, who met me there, and I had a lot of catching up to do. We drank our coffee and took turns as we each shared our stories. Then we drove to Annapolis, and Kit showed me the sofa she was interested in buying. She did it! I found a living room set that I fell in love with. I'm going to wait, and think about it. It would mean making new window treatments (I just made them this year) and getting rid of a couch and stereo cabinet that are in good shape. Still... I'm not going to do anything impulsive. Then we went to the mall. We got photos processed at Ritz, and ate ice cream at the food court. We went out for pizza, and shopped at Trader Joe's. We haven't spent the whole day together in a long time.

Tomorrow I hope to spend time outside. Enjoy the beauty of fall. The weather has been exceptional. Today was another one of those bright blue sky days.

Almost time to watch Brothers and Sisters. That might be my favorite show right now.

14 comments:

heiresschild said...

i love annapolis mall. the weather today really was beautiful. i've been cleaning things out, and i have 2 mannequin heads that i was getting ready to give to one of the hair schools. then i decided to keep them so my 8 yr old granddaughter can play on their hair when she comes over.

Mary said...

Glad you and your friend had a nice visit on this beautiful day.

heiresschild said...

cheryl, i'm reading backwards on your blog. what are frozen tropical fruit trios, and where do you buy them? sounds delish, and i love smoothies.

Jay said...

They're saying that tomorrow should be THIRTY degrees cooler than today around here! I certainly hope so. I'm tired of having to run the air during the day.

Amanda said...

Nothing like ice cream and going out for pizza. :)

Jamie said...

What a great day you had! There are never enough of those...

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

ANd you survived the saturday night dance too! Glad the day was long for you..I love long weekend days like you're speaking of...

So, how did the dance go??
Always,
Crusty~

bonnie said...

I love spending the day wandering with a girl friend, visiting favorite places.

Jim Baker said...

cheryl...

i spent two hours in a salon on saturday... i'm amazed at what people can do with hair and so quickly... while i was there i thought of you... haha.

cheers
jim baker

SOUL said...

sounds like a great day!
i have never heard of that show tho. am i missin anything?
happy monday.

Happyone said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your friend. :-)
Ice cream and pizza - 2 of my favorite foods!!
I've never heard of Brothers and Sisters either, but then I don't even own a television!

Dave said...

Spending time outside... enjoying the fall. Now there's something I really enjoy doing as well! Enjoy it while it is still here. I don't know about you but where I live in Canada, Winter comes way too early! :-)

Take Care Cheryl!

fiwa said...

That sounds like a nice day with your friend. I hope you got to enjoy the fall weather in your garden today.

jAMiE said...

What a nice day...i hope you get many, many more...and what amazing self control you showed in not buying the lving room set then and there...i'd have, i'm baaaad.

Post a Comment

I love comments!