03 March 2010

Checking in

Hey! I thought I'd stop in for a quick hello before work. Not much going on here, but all is good. I'm nursing a toothache from a cracked tooth. I was at the dentist last Thursday for a hopeful fix, but it didn't work. I go back tomorrow to start on a crown. The headache's constant, but it's livable.

I have a bunch of things I've been putting off. Like getting a new dishwasher. Mine isn't working right and I've been hand-washing everything. That's getting a little old. And I need to do my taxes. And I need a new floor in Emily's bathroom. And I need to caulk my shower. And fix my shelves in my closet. And clean out my basement. Instead, I just relax and have fun on the weekends and my days off. I guess the things I want done are only wants and not needs. Yeah...I'll pick that. No rush.

And that's my little hello for today :)

12 comments:

happyone said...

I'd give you my dishwasher if I could. You know I never use mine.:-)
Too bad about that tooth. :-(

fiwa said...

You know, that stuff will still be there in a week from now, so fogettabout it. Enjoy your days off. I hope your tooth feels better soon. :(

love you!

Forsythia said...

I've had "wash the louvered doors" on my "to-do" list for nigh on to three years now. We have seven sets of louvered doors.YAWN.

KathyA said...

I've been putting off cleaning out my closet, but I'm going to do it!!! I've been 'crowned' so many times, it's a wonder I'm not considered royalty.

Lena said...

Our to do list is long, too. But we are getting the ceilings re-done and that is a start!! hope the guy finishes tomorrow!

Leann said...

Ya, you'll get to it when it becomes important enough to you.

I'm sorry you have a toothache and I hope it gets better with the crown. I have a tooth that potentially could do the same thing. I'm just way careful with it.

Good luck.

KathyA said...

I keep popping out my temporary crown!

Susie said...

There's always something isn't there?

I hope that tooth feels better soon. Ugh.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Enjoy life now....that stuff on the 'to do' list is always there as something to do when you 'get around to it'. LOL Hope your tooth feels better soon and you can scratch that off your list of things to do.

Jamie said...

There is always something that needs doing, fixing, replacing...

One day, it will all be over and it won't matter if those things got handled.

I say have fun now! Hope the tooth is better soon.

Hugs....and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Gin said...

Ouch, the tooth thing sounds painful. I always put off going to the dentist until I'm in pain. Silly, I know!

When my dishwasher bit the dust, I just got rid of it. Doing dishes is so quick that I can do without one. Besides, Andy does dishes when I cook, so it's a good trade-off!

Take care and have a good week!

Gin said...

P.S. I've been meaning to ask you about "Ladeda". Is that because of the song "Brown Eyed Girl"? I heard it the other day and thought of you when the ladeda part was on and I remembered how pretty your brown eyes look in all your photos!

Post a Comment

I love comments!