15 March 2010

Chocolates anyone?

I got 4 or 5 bags of Lindt Truffles for Christmas. I didn't eat any. Until last week. Did a switch suddenly get turned on? I can't stop eating them. I'm on my 5th truffle tonight. Wah. Yum. White chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut butter. All good. All bad.

My book club meeting was wonderful last night. There were 11 of us with at least 5 separate conversations going on at any given time. The noise level was ridiculous! The food was great. Everyone loved the book. There were lots of hugs and kisses. I'm so fortunate to be part of such a great group of women. I'm considering downloading the next book to my Kindle for iPhone. I downloaded a trial chapter and it seems doable. The font is big enough. It could be a fun way to read.

Speaking of iPhones, I've started playing some games on mine. I'm not good at games in general, but I've found some that I can actually do. I've never regretted getting my 'phone'. I was really envious last June when they came out with the new version, but I wasn't eligible. They've come out with a new iPhone the past two Junes. Guess who's eligible this year? I'm so excited, in advance. I've heard all kinds of buzz about this new one. I'm frugal in general. Cold house, clothes from Marshall's, etc. I work hard for my money and will get my new toy when it comes out.

I spent most of the day at home. I had my new dishwasher delivered and installed. I also had a new garbage disposal installed. I was forced to sit on the couch on my laptop for hours while the installation took place. Darn. I wasn't able to clean up my basement as planned. I guess it's back to 'out of sight out of mind' again. I ran to the mall afterward and then picked up the kids from school. Came home and cooked dinner. Early. We were finished and the kitchen cleaned by 5:00. For the first time, I didn't rinse the dishes before loading the dishwasher. Will they really get clean?

I spent time catching up on blogs today. I have a lot more to go. I miss you, my friends. My only plan for the rest of this night is to read blogs. And not eat truffles.

Hope your Monday was a good one.

10 comments:

Lena said...

Your book club sounds so wonderful. Seems like things are going very well for you.

And if you waited until now to eat Truffles you got for Christmas, hats off to you!

happyone said...

If you ever have an opening in your book club group, I'd love to join.

I'll take a white chocolate truffle!!

Anonymous said...

Lindor truffles... mmmmm! Send 'em over here if you have too many! LOL :-)

Cindy said...

Love my new dishwasher! the dishes do come out clean!!

Seth M. Ward said...

CHUCKY LOVES CHALK O LIT!

Brad said...

Have you seen the credit card commercial that shows thier customer Elaine's Toffee Co. ? - We'll I love toffee so I had to check it out. She sells toffee by the pound. Of course they come in cool gift tins so I had to get that too - then with the shipping charges, might as well get 2 lbs, right? Anyway long story short - I had two pounds of toffee in my house for approx. 2 weeks ago. Gone now. I think Jay had a piece or two.

KathyA said...

Truffles are addictive -- I think there should be a warning on the label. I've been craving Jelly Bellies --- the popcorn flavored ones.....and DID SOMEONE SAY TOFFEE????

Forsythia said...

Nothing like a new dishwasher! We gave up on ours in December and got a new one that really does the job. A great cheerer-upper.

fiwa said...

Yes - your dishes will get clean. Just scrape off any big bits of food. The soap actually works better when it has some food to attach itself to.

Your book club sounds so wonderful. I'm in a book club of two with my boss at the mall, and it's fun. But I'd love to be in a big one like yours.

Lauralew said...

I was getting ready to say what fiwa said. I seldom do anything to my dishes prior to placing them in the dishwasher.

Book discussion groups are the bomb. Can't wait to find one in my new location. And, can't wait to get an iPhone like yours! They weren't available in my former state.

Post a Comment

I love comments!