06 June 2010

The view


I've spent the last few hours on the porch. Here's the set-up. Fan, laptop, camera, iPhone, coffee. Yes, I'm wearing my pj's. It's private enough here and no one is around. I don't think. Plus I'm mostly sitting down. It's warm and breezy (the fan) and the view of my lush garden is so nice.

I'm heading out to meet my siblings in a bit. My sister from GA flew in yesterday. The four of us are going to sit down and talk about my parents. The blind will be leading the blind, but I feel optimistic that between the bunch of us, we will brainstorm and figure some stuff out. During the week we will visit some assisted living facilities just to get an idea of what they're like. On Thursday, the plan is to meet again, this time with my parents.

I'd rather be at the beach.

8 comments:

C.A. said...

I love it! Do you ever have problems with glare on your laptop screen? It makes me crazy. I guess I need to invest in one of those glare reducing things.

I think the fan idea is FANtastic. I'm going to try it myself!


Hugs...

C.A.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh kid, I wish you luck. When I had to take over my grandmother's affairs, she sued me!! Of course it didn't take long for the judge to discover that she was in need of someone to take over for her (she was 93 at the time and not always lucid...but always feisty). It really hurt me that she thought I was trying to harm her but in her mental state, I guess it was the only thing she allowed herself to think. Later, she didn't remember doing that. I have no siblings so I was alone on this venture. And even though it was my grandmother, I was her closest living relative since my mom had already passed. Hang in there, it'll work out.

Seth M. Ward said...

If you where at the beach you would have to deal with tar balls:~/ There's always a down side to everything chica. But there's also an upside to everything too.....I think.....

My grandpa lives in an assisted facility near Cincinnati and it's pretty nice. He has a one bedroom apartment with a little kitchen and patio. He has a nursing staff available to hime 24/7 and food from the Caffeteria, games and activities with other residents so it's not to bad.

I hope y'all find a nice place for them. Or you could just have them move in with you....but I don't know your situation well enough to tell you what is best. You are a strong woman and I am sure y'all will figure it out.

Mary said...

I understand and will be thinking of you.

happyone said...

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck. I'll be thinking about you.
I love my hair color!! Thanks

KathyA said...

Don't blame you.
Wouldn't they like to join in and visit the places, too?

Lauralew said...

My brother and his wife lived with/took care of my parents the last few years of their lives. We would have had to put them both in a skilled nursing facility otherwise. It was good for my parents--but almost destroyed my brother's marriage. This is always a difficult thing. Best of luck to you and your sibs.

Leann said...

I wish it were warm enough to have the fan on here! Enjoy your days my dear.

Post a Comment

I love comments!