23 June 2008

I like days off with plans. I'm off today, have no plans, and don't feel like making a plan. So, I'm feeling out of sorts and a little depressed. Of course, it's still early in the day, with plenty of time for change. What I should do is clean house, and I think I probably will. I'm having a little party here on Sunday, and I like my house to be perfect when I entertain. The party is sort of to celebrate my Friday birthday. I'm not thrilled about being another year older, but am very happy about being healthy, and pretty happy, and here. You know?

I got an early start today, as usual. I walked. Watered. Read yesterday's newspaper on my porch, which is where I'm at now. It's not too hot yet, but it is humid. I've been out here long enough to be acclimated to it. I've had my coffee, but what I really need to do is eat. I'm sure that will improve my mood.

I've started using Twitter. Not sure if I'll keep up with it, but this is my Twitter URL if you'd like to keep up with me. Not that my life is so exciting, you know.

OK...I'm getting up, and getting on with the day. Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm the same way about having plans. Often I'll get down on my days off, and then I have to remind myself, "Oh, yeah, you're just adjusting to having down time."

I hope you have a happy Monday too.

Happyone said...

I don't usually make plans but just let the day bring what it may.

Lena said...

I like your Twitter... I find those fun to read.

I hope EM feels better very soon!

fiwa said...

Oh, I hope you enjoy your party and your birthday. Don't worry about being another year old - you are beautiful.

I'm behind the loop on this whole Twitter thing, I keep hearing it mentioned, but I don't know what it is. I'm going to have to go do some research.

Enjoy your day!
fiwa

Jenny said...

I'm not thrilled about being another year older, but am very happy about being healthy, and pretty happy, and here. You know?

I do know, LOL! On each birthday (or whenever I feel "old" ... which is increasingly) I tell myself: "Someday you'll fervently wish you were this age, because you will never be this young again." It helps.

I was telling one of my children this morning that they need to be grateful for what they have, because they have so much. So often we forget this simple truth. I hope you have a happy Monday and a blessed birthday week, Cheryl!

Moohaa said...

Oooh Cheryl's birthday! Yea!! A day to celebrate the wonderful person you are, a giving, thoughtful, creative, full-of-life woman.

I've always wanted to get into that twitter thing. Let me know if you like it!

Gin said...

Cheryl, an old BF of mine told me when I turned 50 and was freaking out..."Gin, either you turn 50 or you don't!" I have had a whole new outlook on birthdays since then!! Good thing too since I'll be 60 this year!!! YIKES! hahaha...kidding, I'm happy for it!

Martha said...

The older I get, the more I love birthdays! When I was younger, it was all about "stuff", but now, I just revel in the fact that I'm a year older and a year wiser. Well, at least a year older. I'm not so sure about the wisdom part. But I do know what you mean about not having plans on a day off--I've been busy planning what to do on my vacation, besides just relaxing. I hope your mood improved and it worked out to be a great day for you!

Golden To Silver Val said...

I hope as the day progressed that your depression went out the window. I hate it when I get in a 'blue funk' and don't know why. My mom used to laugh and say its just part of being a woman...wait a couple hours and things will be different. And you know what....she was right!

Post a Comment

I love comments!