29 June 2008

Portrait in a garden



I was almost a lone walker at 6:45 this morning. The great thing about that is that I can sing out loud to my music. There's something very liberating about singing out loud. It's a great stress-reliever. Today I listened to Willie Nelson's 16 Biggest Hits. I got through 13 in 45 minutes. I didn't love the music. I don't love walking. I love that I walk. My clothes are fitting better and I think my thighs are a little less jiggly. I think I'd like to have someone to walk with, but 1. I don't have anyone to walk with and 2. Would that person walk at my pace? So, I'm a lone walker. I'm going to get back to listening to my Total Transformation CD's, but for the past few days I've really enjoyed my music, especially Brown Eyed Girl, Popsicle Toes, The Blower's Daughter, 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered', etc. I've been walking with a CD player in shorts with a big pocket. Old school. I have a MP3 player, but lost all the music on my laptop when my system crashed, and haven't loaded anything new on it. I'm probably going to buy an iPhone when they come out next month, so I'm waiting.

Did I mention I'm having a party today? At 4:00. I'm taking a tiny break to post this. The house is slowly becoming spotless. Nothing like a party to get'r done. Lots to do.

I started this post hours ago, but never finished. I'll do that tonight, when the party's over. Till then....

12 comments:

Jenny said...

I walk alone too, Cheryl, but I do it at night! I don't like a walking partner because then I feel like I have to talk and it distracts me. I don't listen to music either but that's OK. I have a hard time kicking myself out the door for that walk but I'm always so glad I did it. Can't wait to hear about the party! Your house will stay clean all week now!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love that photo. It's very evocative.

I should walk outside more, but I live in a boring subdivision, so I mostly treadmill. Not too exciting but it's exercise.

Have a wonderful time at your party.

Anonymous said...

I love walking with girlfriend...although we've kinda fallen off with that. I'll have to get us doing that again.

Have a great party, you throw so many...how fun!

Esmerelda said...

I started working out to be more social...then I found I really liked the forced alone time with my head...and there is the whole pacing thing....

Love the idea of throwing a party...but it would require housekeeping...you soooo have it together in that department!!!

Moohaa said...

You look so tall in that pic! I'm glad you are keeping up with the walking. You can be guaranteed your body is thanking you for it! And wow, someone beside me who uses a cd player. Course your mp3 player is broke, while I don't even have one. :) Have a good night!

Jamie said...

I'm sure your party was a total success, you are the best at hosting a party.

I LOVE popsicle toes, and haven't even thought about that since...hell, don't know when. I have to look that up, right now!!

Have a great day today---you work, or you don't? I guess I don't know your schedule anymore, didn't you used to always have Mondays off?

Hugs. :)

captain corky said...

I walk at the Y and usually watch TV while I'm doing so.

I hope your party was fun and nobody got too drunk. ;)

bonnie said...

I totally love your photo. It's more than blog worthy. I think you should print it and frame it.

Steve "caught" me singing way out loud in the kitchen with my ear buds in. I never saw him come in. He loved razzing me a little over it. I was singing All I wanna do is have some fun....great song to sing to.

Thank you for including me with your friends. I'll never wear that shirt again.

Portia said...

I find singing out loud immensely satisfying, as long as nobody can hear me! I hope you had a great time hosting your party, and are now enjoying your Monday:)

Brad said...

It looks like your shadow is flipping us the bird. ***wink***

Lena said...

I LOVE that picture. I think you should enter it in a photo contest!

I love to sing out loud!!!

Billy said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! You are such a great hostess.

Post a Comment

I love comments!