14 June 2008

It's Saturday! I can't really say, finally!!, because I'm off during the week too. There's just something special about a shorter workday followed by a once a week treat. I don't have many plans for the weekend. Tonight will be quiet. We'll get together with my family to celebrate Father's Day tomorrow. We'll probably go to IHOP for breakfast. Emily will spend the rest of the day with her father.

I'm heading outside to fill the feeders and clean out the birdbath. It's going to be in the 90's today and the humidity will be unbearable. They're calling for storms late in the day. I'll be glad to be inside where the AC is cool.

I'll be back later. Enjoy your day.

10 comments:

Billy said...

Have a fantastic day Cheryl!

Brad said...

Dang - It's almost 10:00 AM and 50* here - will summer never come ?

Spare us 20 degrees love?

Jenny said...

I love IHOP! That sounds like a great plan for a pleasant weekend, Cheryl. Enjoy!

Gin said...

It got hot here today too, and then it rained! We had our Father's day celebration today because some of my family has to work on Sunday. It was very nice.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

enjoy your time off! It sounds so breezy and peaceful!!!
Enjoy!!

Thinking of you!! :)
Always,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

OK, Brad has to be from Seattle too...I think we are the only ones with no sun...although it did get up to 64 today and I took my sunroof off!

Have a great day with the family.

captain corky said...

I love Saturdays too. Best day of the week for sure.

Jamie said...

I love to read your Saturday posts, you are always so appreciative of the day, and your routine. I hope your day was awesome, and I hope you enjoy your Sunday Fathers Day breakfast this morning. Have fun, and stay inside! Too hot this year, and it's so early!

Hugs! :)

Moohaa said...

IHOP is yummy!! A friend of mine lives in Maryland and she's a postal worker. She's been miserable in the heat you all have been having. Stay cool you!!

I read your previous post too and I'm so glad to be a part of your life thru Ladeda!

Robbin said...

Hey Cheryl,
I come by every now and then and have never commented but not becaue I don't enjoy your blog. I had to laugh though that I blogged today about giving my Step Father a Walmart Gift card too, it seems to be a tradition now, I've done it for years and he expects it.
Your day did sound wonderful and I hope you have a good week.

Post a Comment

I love comments!