23 June 2008

What a day! Scattered. Emily was very sick when she got up. I had to call the doctor. Unbearable stomach pain, clammy, etc... I helped her as best I could, and spent a bunch of time sitting on her floor, telling her stories about when she was little. She loves hearing stories about herself. Finally she fell asleep, and when she woke she was fine. And yes, it is that time of month. I didn't spend the day cleaning after all. I cleaned off the dining room table, finally. And the counters. I cut the heat control window film I bought to fit the two halves of my storm door by the deck. The sun streams through that window. Anyway, Em and I decided to go to the pool. How's that for an escape? I grew up with a community pool, and I've always lived in an area that had a pool. My community has two, and it's included in my homeowner's fee. After the pool, I made a shrimp dinner and then vacuumed the downstairs and mopped the hardwood floors. My least favorite job. Emily did half of it, which was a big help. What I didn't do today was read blogs. Sorry. I also didn't iron the stack of capri's waiting in my closet. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. I'll at least iron tomorrow's clothes tomorrow.

My neighbor called me to ask if I saw the rainbow outside. Out we went.

Aren't rainbows amazing?


Yup, that's Em out there


The view from my deck


And while I was out I took a few garden pics. This is the one that runs along the right side of my driveway


I love my yarrow



And that's it for today. Time to read my Wired magazine in bed. Till the next time....

18 comments:

Ilene said...

Did it rain after the pool, or did you have to come home? That is quite a strong rainbow!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Beautiful rainbow and beautiful yard.

And I love the idea that you sat and told your daughter stories about herself. Such a sweet and loving thing to do.

Brad said...

I love rainbows - great pics - thanks for sharing

fiwa said...

Poor Em - that happens to me about twice a year. Glad she's better.

The rainbow picture is beautiful, and your garden looks amazing. I love yarrow too - it's one of my favorite flowers. I like that flower shape/type.

Enjoy your evening -
fiwa

Moohaa said...

Poor Em! I'm glad she is getting to feel better. I love the rainbow pics.. too gorgeous. And of course your yard is stunning. I long for the day I have access to a pool. I don't think I'd ever leave.

Jamie said...

Those pics are amazing! That was beautiful, don't rainbows make you feel special, just for the privledge of seeing them?

You are such a good mom.

I want shrimp, too.

Hugs. :)

Summer said...

Even when you're not doing *much* you're doing a lot. I didn't see any rainbows over this way.

Mary said...

Your day off may not have had plans but you were certainly busy. Em is lucky to have a mom who will spend time telling stories and giving loving care when she's sick. You're a good mom.

The rainbow is beautiful - really colorful. Your flowers are lovely. I still haven't been able to get my borders in the condition I want.

Jenny said...

Sounds like a day that ended up wonderful despite the rocky start, Cheryl! Your garden is gorgeous ... and that RAINBOW! I gasped!

Happyone said...

Sorry to hear that Em was sick.
Wow, that is one beautiful rainbow!!
All your flowers are so pretty!!

Jay said...

The rainbow is very cool. It must have been close for the colors to be that clear and strong.

fiwa said...

Mz Cheryl - regarding my blog in google reader - the reason it didn't work is because it was private, but I just today made it public again. So maybe if you delete the link and try adding it again, it should work now.

Esmerelda said...

I saw that SAME rainbow. It was incredible.

I thought I was the only one who read WIRED in bed?

Lena said...

You reminded me that we had a rainbow yesterday, too. My husband called to tell me and I ran and got my camera to take a photo.

I forgot all about it, so I will have to download it later. Our rainbow wasn't as bright as yours, and it faded by the time I took the picture so I am not sure how it came out.

Glad EM got better so quickly! And your garden is just beautiful!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

The pictures are amazing!! It sounds like a natures medicine to end the day with you and your daughter staring at the same rainbow, together!!

I'm sorry she was ill though. :( I hope she's okay.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Gin said...

Wonderful pix!! I love your yard and your rainbow pix. I'm glad your girl is feeling better...periods suck! I hope you are in a great mood tonight! I am leaving for the cabin tomorrow afternoon so I'll see you when I get back. I may be able to drop a comment or two, but it depends on the availability of an internet cafe in the area. The old one isn't there anymore. See ya Monday! Have a super weekend.

Portia said...

I LOVE the shot of the rainbow you got from your deck! I feel for Emily. I remember missing my SATs for the same reason. (Of course I did eventually take them.) Glad you enjoyed some time at the pool anyway:)

Billy said...

I'm getting caught up on all the posts I have missed. So I hope you don't mind all of the comments coming your way.

Post a Comment

I love comments!