19 June 2008

You know how one thing leads to another? I had a post almost ready for publishing. I wanted to write something about Edisto Island, so I searched through my blog to find an old entry. I found it, but I found this too, and thought I'd republish it. It's more interesting than the one I'd written today. This was posted in February of 2007. There's been a few changes since then, but not many.

Something Unusual Besides This Picture




I started this blog in earnest last August. I've never stuck with a journaling project before, but this must be the thing for me, because this is my .........

Hundredth Post


With that said, I put together a list of 100 to mark this occasion. With no further ado, here's a bunch of stuff about ME

1. I have curly hair
2. I love jelly beans
3. I love candy corn
4. I love summer
5. I wish I had more of a social life
6. I almost never watch movies
7. I hate the sound of sports on TV
8. I hate cleaning mini blinds
9. I’m very conscientious
10. I don’t like talking on the phone
11. I’m a middle sister
12. I was born in Brooklyn, NY
13. I wish I made more money
14. I love taking pictures
15. I’d love to have Photoshop, but don’t think I could figure it out
16. I love to read blogs
17. I wish there were more hours in the day
18. I’m bad about keeping in touch with friends
19. I caused the death of my bird
20. I don’t like dogs or cats
21. I keep books and magazines on the empty side of my bed
22. I love my house
23. I want but don’t need an iPod video
24. I’m 5’7”& 140 pounds
25. I loved college
26. I want to have red hair
27. I like to drive
28. I miss John Denver
29. I don’t exercise
30. I've made all my curtains
31. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day
32. I eat the same thing for lunch every workday
33. I love caffeine
34. I like to grocery shop
35. I'm an optimistic person
36. I rarely sit down
37. My best friend committed suicide
38. I wish I could sing
39. I love learning
40. I like to camp
41. I wish I had more friends
42. I can keep a secret
43. I always wanted to be a mother
44. Its hard to be a mother
45. I’ve had surgery
46. I love my job
47. I hate to clothes shop
48. I don't like cleaning floors
49. I’m honest
50. I don’t want to be this age
51. I’m afraid to fly
52. I never balance my checkbook
53. I wear make up every day
54. I love having a laptop
55. I want a Kitchen Aid mixer but don’t need one
56. All my closets are messy
57. I’d go out with John Mayer
58. I love getting comments
59. I worry about cancer
60. I wish my GA sister lived closer
70. I love Edisto Island
71. I wore overalls and construction boots in college
72. I love Spanish moss
73. I read the newspaper every day
74. I sometimes wish I lived in a small rural town
75. I love the beach
76. I’m friends with my neighbor
77. I make my own cards
78. I love to entertain
79. I love decorating for Christmas
80. Besides my grandparents, none of my relatives have died
81. I love going to Border’s
82. I love getting together with family
83. I always use my turn signals
84. I love the movies but rarely go
85. I never let my daughter get soda when we eat out
86. I love a bargain
87. I listen to audio books in my car
88. I used to love gardening
89. I need to drink more water
90. I want a HDTV
91. I’m impatient in traffic
92. I love being single
93. I don’t talk to my brother enough
94. I’m a big Mary Engelbreit fan
95. I love ice cream
96. I love music
97. I wish I was funny
98. I use Google everyday
99. I sleep less on weekends than on workdays
100. I love to blog, of course

Here's the changes...
#23...I want but don't need an iPhone
#26...I don't want red hair
#29...I exercise
#31...I got a little tired of oatmeal. Now I have cereal or oatmeal
#55...I have a Kitchen Aid mixer
#88...I love to garden
#90...I have a HDTV

It seems like there should be more changes. And it all seems pretty mundane, but it's me. I think I'll write up a new '100 things about me' list. How about playing along?

21 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Well, I was a recent arrival to this blog, so I loved the chance to learn more about you. Thanks for reposting this. I may swipe your idea when I hit my 100th post.

Billy said...

I remember the list. I remember when we first started to read each other's blog. You were one of my first blogging friends, and I am so thankful. Here's to 100 more!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Thank you for the list...I feel like I know you a little bit better. Sigh...I really don't think there are 100 things about me that are of interest. LOL I'll have to write some down and see what I come up with. Happy Thursday. And...I had a parakeet many years ago who would eat scrambled eggs off our plates in the morning. He was the most precious little bird ever and lived to be 17 years old. Something, huh?

Happyone said...

That's a lot of stuff about you. Some I knew, but lots of surprises in that list.

I don't think I could write 100 things about myself. :-)

Jenny said...

Your list was so much fun to read, Cheryl! We have lots in common -- notably numbers 2, 3, 7, 10, 13, 14, 16, 33, 39, 48, 59, 91, 94, 96, 98, and 100 -- but that doesn't surprise me. And I know you could figure out Photoshop.

Brad said...

I had to go google Edisto Island - what a great looking place. I can see why you love it. I'm game to play along, may take me a while to come up with a hundred.

I'm so sorry about #37 - That's how I lost my friend Dede.

Hope you doing good today!

Jay said...

You must have done that list before I discovered your blog. Very cool! I also love that you updated it.

Mo said...

Love the list. I don't know about playing along. I might. I loved reading yours though.

Unfortunately some of your list might mean we wouldn't meet in person but I hope that is not right or the case. But now I know why you understood about the dog next door and love you even more for asking about the kitties.

Sorry about 37. And you know I will help you out with 56.

Love you, mean it.

fiwa said...

I loved reading your list! I feel like I know so much more about you now. :)

lovins,
fiwa

Moohaa said...

Great list! I, too, feel a little more Cheryl-wise. I'm so sorry about your best friend. I think I will do that list, looks fun. And what impresses me, is some of the things I knew were changes before I read that you changed them! Woohoo, yea for my memory! :)

Love ya!

beachgirl said...

Thats impressive. I doubt that I could come up with 100 things about myself that is interesting.
But here are a few.
I ride a motorcycle
I love being a Mom
I love my pets
I go to the gym 5 days a week
I go to a nude beach so I have no tan lines
I love my life style
I love my 93 year old Grams
I love the beach
I really do love my life and my kids get a kick out of antics.
Carol

Lena said...

I loved reading your list!

I am going to work on mine, it will take some time though!

Sorry about #37 that must of been so hard. I lost a relative that way.

Mary said...

Haven't been to Edisto in eons. It was a lovely vacation spot and I'm sure it still is.

It'll take me a while to come up with 100 things about myself. Even then most of them will be blah - but I'll try.

Martha said...

I think I'm going to work on a list and try to get my sisters to play along!

ellesu said...

I loved reading that! Okay. My weekend project is to make my own list -- if I can.

SOUL said...

this is great-- neat to get to know more about you. some of these tho-- either you have revealed--or i have figured out-- not sure which-- but alot i didn't know.
glad you put it up--

my very first post was like this-- it may have been like 120-150 things tho-- i stole it from my sister. :)) i had no clue how to start a blog. but-- when i dumped my blog-- that was one that went with it.
maybe it wouldn't hurt to try another-- maybe.

anyhow-- i hope things go perfect for you this weekend-

Jamie said...

I loved this post, i remember it the first time around. I think it's such a wonderful way to get to know a person.

I think you have made a lot of progress in your life, in a very short time. The oatmeal part cracked me up and I LOVED the pic.

Happy Saturday Cheryl!

:)

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Congrats on #100. I 'm impressed with your list - I'm with you on #28.

Gin said...

How cool...Cheryl, I learned so much about you!! I will play some night when I'm up and can't sleep! That would be tough to come up with 100 things, but I'll try!

A friend of mine stole your idea for the forum I go to. Only we just did 10 things!!

You rock girlfriend!!!

Portia said...

Great 100! I'm glad you reposted it, because I wasn't around then. Some things I've picked up, but it's cool to know stuff like you were born in Brooklyn and make your own curtains! I don't like talking on the phone either, which is funny because it's not like either of us is particularly antisocial.

kristi said...

Very cool! Nice to get to know you better.

Post a Comment

I love comments!