04 May 2009

888

That's how many posts I've published. 888. How could that be? I remember asking what I did for entertainment before I had a child. What did I do for entertainment before I got my first computer? Read, do cross-stitch, spend a lot of time obsessed by stamping (making my own cards), etc. I know I spend too much time on my computer. It's the social aspect of it that has me hooked, but that will change. Life ebbs and flows and everything changes. Change is the constant.

At the moment I'm really craving sweets. I'm trying hard to drop a few pounds, so I'm suffering for beauty. Dieting is easy if your clothes are too tight and you look at the nutrition labels. There's nothing I can eat! Actually, I think I'll take a break to make a smoothie. BRB. OK...strawberry/banana/blueberry smoothie. Sweet.

I got a front row spot in front of Macy's. Sweet. It was pouring outside. I had a 25% friends and family discount and went in search of a Fossil purse. I found one but Emily's not sure she likes it, and that matters. I'm not positive either. We'll see. I got some big hoop earrings. Emily said, those sure are big. Yup, they are. I bought valences for my bedroom that I may or may not keep. I don't have curtain rods but I'll rig something up so I can see if I like them. I went to the Apple store. It's a very cool place. Checked my mail and FB. Would have taken pictures but I don't know how to do that w/o Emily. I went to Marshall's and bought a new bathing suit. Brave, huh? Ya got to do it early while there's still a selection. I also bought some very cute Merrell sandals for work. I wanted clothes, but by then I was shopped out. Have I mentioned I'm not a shopper? I need a wardrobe makeover.

Hey, nice segue to my next topic. The big reveal. I promised pics, and here they are, in no particular order. The winner of the make-over is the woman in the belted black and white dress.























On a sadder note, a good friend of mine, also a client, just found out she has cancer. It's been on my mind 24/7. Esophageal cancer. Count your blessings, friends.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Cheryl, you have no need to suffer for beauty. You are one of the most beautiful souls I've had the honor of making aquaintance with this year.... inside and out.

Rock on Girlfriend !!!!!!!!!

KathyA said...

Great photos, Cheryl. You ought to hire yourself out!
AND you are way too hard on yourself!!

Moohaa said...

I love you Cheryl. You're an awesome woman. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

"Yeah" and "Oh no". What if I said I wanted the bad news first? waaaah, I didn't get to choose.

The event looks like it was fun.
Hope you are well!

Prx (aka Nimh Sellers)

Brad said...

Wow, the salon is HUGE! Looks like a nice party.

Esph. cancers really a bum wrap - sorry about your friend.

Post a Comment

I love comments!