10 May 2009

Was it good for you?

The first half of my weekend is almost over. It's been a good one. No drama. Who could ask for more?

Emily gave me an Italian Heather bush for Mother's Day. It's very unique-looking. Full of pink blossoms. I'll be planting it tomorrow along with the annuals and new butterfly bush. I put down some mulch yesterday and hope to get that finished up tomorrow too. It's supposed to be cloudy with occasional showers. I have the gear :)

We met at my parent's house for breakfast this morning. Pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage and fresh fruit. There were eight of us. It was perfect. Short and sweet.

Emily worked, and I went to my neighbor's for a Mother's Day dinner party. It was great. She's happiest when she has a crowd, and always collects an interesting group of 'strays'.

Finishing up laundry then off to bed. Hope your weekend was equally good. No, hope it was even better.

Tomorrow I'll meet my friend Kit at Sherwood Forest. Happy me. The porch will be unlocked, so I can get there anytime. I love that place.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'd love to see that bush, I love to put in new plants and bushes.

KathyA said...

Sounds like a lovely day.

Post a Comment

I love comments!