skip to main |
skip to sidebar
27 January 2008
We had such a great Saturday. We started off at Arundel Mills Mall for some shopping therapy. Emily had gift cards and wanted new clothes from American Eagle. Then it was back home for us and time to get prettied up. I did the hair and make-up, and after getting ready, we drove our neighbor and her date to the ceremony. Everything about the wedding was artfully done. Everyone gathered outside after the ceremony to watch white doves released. I've never witnessed that before. Amazing. I wonder how they come back. I'm gonna Google that. It was absolutely freezing and the women in the bridal party and the bride wore sleeveless gowns! Because we live close to the church, we were able to come home for about 90 minutes before leaving for the reception. There were heavy appetizers including mini Beef Wellington, coconut shrimp, Maryland blue crab dip and antipasto. There was a full bar. We were seated in the grand ballroom at 6:00 for dinner. We were able to choose from Salmon Wellington, Filet and chicken and shrimp. I had ordered the Filet and Emily the chicken, but we switched. After dinner there was a chocolate fountain with bananas, strawberries, pineapple, marshmallow and sponge cake. They brought bowl to our tables with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and rock candy sticks for our coffee. Then there was that beautiful blue cake. The music was fantastic. We sat at a table with our neighbors and literally danced the night away. It was a wedding to remember!











The Girl With the Curl
About Me
- Cheryl
- I have the perfect job for me. I choose to be a happy person. I have a 23 year old daughter, a mostly local family and some great friends. I live in a sun-filled home that I love. I love to learn. I'm easy to please. I'm not always what I seem.
I Wonder What's In Here?
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
My Blog List
-
-
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - This afternoon, after I taught a class at the studio, Christian took the girls camping, and Minnie and I had our own little mommy-daughter evening together...4 days ago
-
Reflections (And Not on a Green Pond) - One would have to be a hanging salami to not be affected by the literal dismantling of our White House, Rose Garden, Performing Arts Center, and on and ...2 months ago
-
-
Marching In - Here it is March already and winter just flew by. Anyway, another milestone was passed, 71 trips around the sun in January! If any of my followers are stil...6 months ago
-
Hello world! - Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!1 year ago
-
-
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman - This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network. My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing it t...6 years ago
-
Healthy Living as a Type 1 Diabetic: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM - *New Podcasts: * Healthy Living Diabetes: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM *30 minute podcast click here * 60 minute podcast click here Anyone who ha...6 years ago
-
Meg and Other Matters - Meg, Alex’s lifelong friend, got married Saturday! She’s Hyacinth’s daughter, and while it’s a little surreal that she is now a married woman, she found pr...7 years ago
-
Whatever It Takes - Have you ever been in a position of having someone--a spouse, significant other, someone very close to you--ask you a major, "What if..." question? I was h...7 years ago
-
Moving to a New Location - This year I will be blogging at: http://josietwoshoes.wordpress.com Please come and visit me there! :-)8 years ago
-
Back again - I miss my blogging friends. I have become addicted to Facebook and Twitter and it steals all of my time. The only blogs I usually read now are by bloggers...9 years ago
-
A quick update--- - I am still in the hospital, and I have to tell you --- my pain this time is so, SO much worse than ever before. I understand it is because he took out two ...9 years ago
-
The Watchers - A few years back I asked my grandmother what her earliest memory was. She thought for a moment and told me that the most vivid memory she has from early c...10 years ago
-
How I started the new year..... - A few days after January 1, I hurt my foot. I thought perhaps I had stepped on it wrong and sprained it. I knew I had a doctor's appointment coming up so...10 years ago
-
RIP Mom, I love you - July 8, 2015, my brother called to tell me my mother had passed away. I don't want to go into the details. It's been hard. I have a lot of guilt. I used Na...11 years ago
-
Diagnosis Today! - Well, my father just called and we are leaving at 11:30am to head to the doctor. sniff sniff. At least we will eat a good lunch somewhere. That gives m...11 years ago
-
Resisting - To quote a CBSnews.com article, "Flowers are blossoming. Bees are buzzing. The sky is blue. Sunsets have been stunning. Temperatures have crept north ...11 years ago
-
Author's Website - My new author's website and blog is live. You can find it here. Among other things, on the books page it has a synopsis of my soon-to-be-published book *Th...13 years ago
-
I Love Photography! by The Pioneer Woman - A short time after I started my blog in 2006, I got a “big girl camera” and began learning about photography. My learning approach was to take thousands an...13 years ago
-
-
Another Week Gone - *Earlier today I did manage to change my header pic to one from the Opryland Hotel Atrium in Nashville, TN. Harry and I enjoyed our time at the Ryman and ...14 years ago
-
HOPE CHEST - *I was recently asked a question by BlogHer:* *"How do I plan to create Happiness for myself in 2012?" Tough question if you ask me..** *(oh before ...14 years ago
-
Wow...I almost forgot about my blog! - The best intentions sometimes fall by the wayside once spring and summer get here. And what with addictive games and contacts on Facebook, my blog has suff...15 years ago
-
His name is "Stay!" - I'm lucky enough to get a call every so often from the Endress+Hauser Corporation to make something out of their spare parts. They give me full creative...16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(334)
-
▼
January
(28)
- The old cold is in full bloom. Different than the ...
- I've been waking up early to drive Emily to school...
- I wish it were earlier in the day. I'm not ready t...
- We had such a great Saturday. We started off at Ar...
- If this was a regular Saturday, I'd be at work, ha...
- Just a quickie tonight. A post quickie. I got in t...
- It was kind of nice writing a post yesterday morni...
- I don't usually write in the morning, but last nig...
- Funny...I just published something to my practice ...
- I thought I'd do a mid-day post. Not much going on...
- I'm back. I should have written a little something...
- It's about 8:30 PM and I can hardly keep my eyes o...
- Just a quick note: my father is home. Yeah! He was...
- A mid-day post, for a change. What a great day tod...
- I called my mother this morning to say hello, only...
- I spent a good part of today with my mom. Now that...
- There are so many ways to waste time on your compu...
- I've been a couch potato. I've sat in the same spo...
- I have to figure out a way to balance reading post...
- I didn't disappear, although I've been away longer...
- Just a quick hello. There was teenage drama here l...
- I checked my blog a little while ago and was surpr...
- Postscript...The pot roast was beyond delicious. H...
- I'm sitting in my old favorite spot, the front por...
- Hi!What a day! Let's see...I have to think because...
- I was just looking at the cover of my 2007 calenda...
- Tomorrow starts the reality of back to work as usu...
- How was my day you ask? OK, you didn't ask. But yo...
-
▼
January
(28)


22 comments:
Oh wow! You guys look so good! What a night and day. I am glad you had a good time.
Ya'll looked so pretty! Everything was beautiful what a nice wedding!
Two lovely ladies out on the town. What could be better. The pictures are fantastic - as usual. So glad the two of you had a happy evening. For some reason I feel like you really needed that.
Good times, great memories.
Nice pictures. I almost feel like I was there with you.
I see someone took their shoes off...Hee Hee.
WOW! AWESOME pictures! You two look gorgeous and your daughter looks so much like you in the one of you two seated at the table together. I am so glad the wedding was perfect! :)
Don't you just love a wonderful wedding? Both of you looked so beautiful! Loved the dresses!
A happy day and a happy time had by all.
thanks for sharing.
Lena
How cool!! I LOVE Weddings, everyone together, music, food,...it looks like a great time! Plus, you both look so beautiful! And Em's dress turend out great!
I see her shoes are off,...something I do everytime, and I don't care!
Happy Sunday!!
Always,
Elizabeth
That sounds like it was an awesome wedding. Em has long arms, very elegant. Hope she had a good time. You both look wonderful. I love your dress...and hers! The food is making me salivate. It looks soooooo good.
You two are gorgeous!
What a fantastic soiree. (And that cake is so unusual and so very pretty.) I'm glad you ladies got to literally kick off your heels.
Thank you for sharing.
You guys look beatiful!
I'm not really a big fan of weddings, but I would definitely have enjoyed that reception.
I love a good wedding. I went to one just a few days after 9/11 and I don't think anything else helped me heal as much as witnessing someone else's love.
I'm so glad you and Emily had a good time. You both look gorgeous!
lovins,
fiwa
Love the pictures! What a cool cake!
I'm glad you had a good time. Was the food as good as it looked and sounded?
Happy monday to both of you!!!
:) :) :) You guys will always always be close...
Sincerely,
E~
everybody looks very pretty--- and you don't even have to ask what i think about the FOOD! OMG. YUM.
hope you have a great day today--
laterz
OMG-the both of you look stunning and what a wedding!
I wonder about the doves, too - let me know what you find out.
Have a good week!
How pretty you both look!!!! Looks and sounds like a wonderful wedding. I hope the happy couple well alwys stay as happy as they are today. :-)
You both look very nice, and nothing says love like a full bar! ;)
It was so good to hear that the went went well. There is nothing better than having a great time with one's children. She looks so grown up and you two look so much alike .. especially in the almost matching dresses.
Glad you had a great time. :-)
My what a fine looking pair of ladies. You two look LOVELY !
everything looks so beautiful--you & your daughter, your home, the bride & groom, the food, the cake, everything.
omG, girl. you two are gorgeous!
what a wonderful wedding it seems to have been.
xoxox
Lovely pictures, you both look beautiful...thank you for sharing them.
Post a Comment
I love comments!