14 May 2008

I should have written yesterday with an update. First of all, the sun came out! Here's a picture from my bathroom window. I love this window!


The basement stayed dry! Thank goodness it's an unfinished basement with concrete floors. It would have been a disaster if it were 'finished'. The yard in the back is a big mess after what I did, but I don't care.


Here's a picture of where my French drain from the sump pump empties out in my wooded area. When the water cycles out, it gushes out, like a fountain.


The water table is very high where I live, and there's an underground stream under my house, at least I think so. I'm having a handyman out here on the 24th to clean my gutters. I also want to see if he can build a drain around the side and back of my house. This problem needs to be taken care of, the right way.

Well, I'm off for work. Have a great Wednesday! I'll be back to check out your blogs tonight.

8 comments:

bonnie said...

Hi Precious, I read on someone's blog (you probably did too) that there are networks of underground streams running EVERYWHERE. They said that one could say we all walk on water. Now that's something that makes sense to me.

Mary said...

Home ownership is a constant battle isn't it. Maintenance, repairs, and daily upkeep is a full time job. So glad to hear you have a handyman coming for the gutters.

We have heavy rain today and tomorrow. It's great news for our parched earth but I hope it doesn't move on up to your corner of the world. (Cancelled our plans for today and probably tomorrow, too.)

Sarah said...

What was the verdict on the dryer?

Ilene said...

Wow, I haven't read for a few days. I had no idea you were going through all that!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I LOVE THAT bathroom window too!!

Perhaps you could turn lemons into lemonade and make a pretty springbrook bird bath area..granted then there's mosquitos..but all in all, I'm glad the water has stopped.

Happy hump day Cheryl!

Many sunshines!
xo,
Elizabeth

Portia said...

My mother has a spring under her house also...it can be a real mess.

I like that window too! It's perfect for a bathroom.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

btw: You have the cutest towels!!

Always,
Elizabeth
Happy mid week=again!

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Putting a perimeter drain around the house should help if it’s done right.

Miss you at Panera bread 

Post a Comment

I love comments!