16 May 2008

I tried to post this last night but Blogger just wasn't cooperating. So it's a little late, but here it is.

Two posts in one day! This will count as tomorrow's, OK? Cause I'm always beat on Friday nights. I'm beat tonight. I was set to walk after dinner, but made an executive decision that I was waaaaay too sore to even change into my walking clothes. It's all the gardening. I went plant shopping today to fill in what was missing, then got everything in the ground and mulched. I thought the 23 bags of mulch I had would be enough, but I'm about 5 short. I put down the last 5 bags from under my deck today. I'm really looking forward to all the hard work being over, and I'm almost there. Soon I'll be able to just enjoy looking and picking the occasional weed. And cursing at the moles and voles that plague the garden and mess up my hard work. But that's for another post. I'm just praying the groundhog doesn't come back.

I love garden 'creatures'. I was so tempted to buy a set of two dancing frogs at BJ's today, but they were expensive. I'll probably go back for them. Here's some pics of what I do have:












The rain is starting up again tonight. There's a flood watch. I'm hoping my channel holds.

Note: I'm still so sore! Every time I turned over in bed I oohed and aahed in pain. I guess it's just age showing. I started the morning with Motrin. I feel much better as long as I'm standing. It's a good thing that's what I'll be doing all day today.

It's raining, so all my plants are getting watered in. Perfect! The basement is dry.

Happy Friday!

12 comments:

marykay said...

Love your garden friends,your french drain looks good. We had to do alot of that in our neighborbood some even placed a sump pump in the ground in a plastic container so when it filled it would turn on automatically. Just a thought. Have a Great Friday!

Gin said...

Your garden critters are just adorable! I love the White Rabbit! (well he's not white, but you know what I mean! haha) And did you know turtles in your garden bring you good luck!

I have yet to get mulch. I am always short too and have to go get more. I think there's an unwritten rule about "There's never as much mulch as you think there is!" ;)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I LOVE YOUR GARDEN FRIENDS! Especially that last one..the bendy gumby rusty dude..where did you find that?
You have the most funnest things..I remember "finding You" last year via Andrew and it was just about Spring time so I'm already looking forward to more posts on your garden yard adventures!
You have some talents woman!
Happy friday!!
Always,
Elizabeth

Happyone said...

I too like garden creatures and you picked out some really cute ones.
I'm looking forward to seeing them in person one day soon.
Have a great weekend.

Mo said...

You have quite the zoo!

Hope you feel "normal" again and the basement holds.

Moohaa said...

Those heat patches you can find at the drug store really work well for extended pain relief. Roggie uses them and he can still move quite well, so if the pain is localized in your back or shoulders, you may want to try them.

Your garden is lovely! You could charge a fee to show it off... :)

Here's hoping for no floods!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I know you're probably tired by the time you're home, naturallly, but I have to tell you that I found your basement towel twin..and her role is washing floors in our home.. I knew it looked familiar!!
I'll take a picture and show you later on.

Anyhooo...hope you are holding up!! :)
Always,
Elizabeth
come to chicago!! :)go with Bonnie:)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love the variety of your garden creatures. And I hope your basement is still dry.

Summer said...

I've started my planting and I'm in pain. Where can I find some garden critters that are reasonably priced?

SOUL said...

awwww... sooo pre-ttt-eeee

you know i kill silk plants right? i'm so jealous. my sister is growing squash in a pot! ugh.

everyone is planting all kindsa things.. oh well, at least y'all are posting pics.

i hope your pain eases up--

happpy satahday-

Golden To Silver Val said...

I know you're hurting....that's a lot of work. It looks really nice now...but it will be GORGEOUS in a few weeks...but, then...you know that. A big atta girl to you. I just don't have the gift of gardening. I can do some simple stuff, but not all that hard work you're showing us. Your garden critters are so sweet. I have a couple of those myself. Yep, kicking back and looking at the fruits of your labor will make it all worth it. Try some Aspircream. No smell and it sure does work.

Andrew said...

I loved seeing your critters! I wish my yard was so nicely landscaped. I've got my work cut out ahead of me. Hope your well and doing good today. It is always a joy to stop by and to have something to read about you. Take care dear friend and I will check back in soon.

Post a Comment

I love comments!