09 July 2007

Emily sent me a few pictures of the falls this morning. Here's one of them, taken from the window of her hotel room. Do you think I'm a little envious?


It's been an awesome morning. I went out walking this morning for the first time in a long time. I listened to the Dixie Chicks as I took in the sights of the neighborhood. I sat on the front porch and watched the birds at the feeders, including the newest one in the collection:


I don't know if you can tell, but the middle feeder's hanging from a very long hook. I cut away any nearby branches in the hopes that there's no way a squirrel could reach it. We'll see.

Putting a fan on my little porch has been the best thing! It really keeps me cool. I read the entire Sunday Washington Post newspaper. Drank my coffee. Then I spent about an hour in the garden with a pair of scissors and a container and leisurly dead-headed the flowers that were spent. It's 10:30 now, and I'm ready to pick up around here while I think of what else I'll do today. It might be a good day to see a movie...

4 comments:

SpringMist said...

Wow the falls look awesome!
Well hope u catch a good movie!

Portia said...

hello,
wonderful pictures! i also love the name of your blog:)
sounds like you had a lovely monday morning...i hope the rest of your day is as good.

jAMiE said...

i too hope you enjoyed your day, did you see a movie after all?

Amanda said...

I don'T know if you are envious, but I know I am!

Post a Comment

I love comments!