16 July 2007

Today didn't turn out like I planned. Emily didn't want to wake up and walk with me. I rode my bike instead! It was harder than walking, but a nice change. I woke Emily up to go to the orthodontist, but she realized the appointment was for tomorrow. We got ready to go to the pool, but then Emily's boyfriend called to say he had a doctor's appointment. Emily didn't want to go without him. Grrr. I did laundry. Made another zucchini pie, which I've decided I don't really like. I did some pricing research on Verizon FiOs, which is supposed to be installed next week. Then, guess what? My Internet went out. I spent forever trying to talk to customer service. To no avail. Emily and I went to the high school to try to fix something with her schedule. We went to her old middle school, and I tripped walking up the stairs. I jammed my big toe, and it's now black and blue below the nail. We picked up Em's MSA test results, and I dropped her off at the boyfriend's. That was the big outing of the day. I spent the next few hours outside. Em's Dad picked her up to go to a Washington National's game. Back outside for me. I put down dirt and seed and straw where Verizon dug. I watered. I sweated. I came in and watched, of all things, Victoria Beckham: Coming to America. Unbelievable!

So, I'm using my neighbor's Internet signal. I'm hot and dirty. And, I won't be able to get my sneakers on to go walking in the morning. I'm putting this day to rest.

One last thing. Thank you to everyone who stops by. It means so much to me. :))

15 comments:

Martha said...

What a day! I hope you get enough down time to relax. And I just scrolled down to read your previous post and laughed so hard that I started crying when I saw the picture of the male squirrel!

jAMiE said...

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your toe...that is very painful..i've done that a few times and it seems to take forever to heal. Take care of it!

I watched the Victoria Beckham thing...what did you think?

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I was going to watch the VBC2A thing as well-but bigdog won the control of the remote over a 2-3 loss of rock paper scissors..
why doesn't that woman ever smile?

Sorry that you had such an annoying day. I hope it came in 3's so that today you'll have a fine day!
Always,
crusty~

Cheryl said...

mratha...that was pretty risque of me, huh? I'll relax at work today!

jamie...my toe is turning black, but only hurts when something, like a shoe is resting on it. I felt like I was watching People magazine last night! Victoria is asking for all the publicity she's going to get.

crustybeef...I never watch TV so it's really funny that I chose that. I'm guessing that she really wants to be a model, and models don't smile.

fiwa said...

I had one of those days yesterday too. Sorry about your poor toe - hope today is a better day!

captain corky said...

"I'm hot and dirty."

Corky easily misconstrues this sentence.;)

Annabel said...

What a busy day!

jAMiE said...

Oh yes, Posh loves all of the exposure that she gets...some celebrities definitely live their lives for that.

It would have been nice to see her being a mom but maybe she prefers to keep her children out of the limelight.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

You wrote

"I'm hot and dirty"

Now you're talking!!!

You internet thief you ;)))

Lynx217 said...

if its anything like when I slammed my thumb in my ol car door, in about a month you'll lose the nail, and then it'll feel better LOL. Then it'll take a good month or two to get a new nail in - thicker and stronger than the old one all that much more stubborn! not much you can do for it cept ice.

Cheryl said...

fiwa...it was a better day. Thanks!

corky...what was I thinking?

annabel...busy is good. My mom taught me that.

jamie...I'm sure we're going to be seeing a lot of her and her family. Her hubby is hot!

rich...no comment!

lynx217...my neighbor said that's what happened to her too. I hope my toe just bruises and that's all. It's sandals time and I like my feet looking good.

Portia said...

hi cheryl,
kudos on the bike ride, i have been working up to that myself.
i thought of you when i got my hair cut yesterday. it made me ridiculously happy, and i'm sure you have the same effect on every client you help every day you go to work! i can see why you like your job:)
i hope your week is looking up!

Esmerelda said...

Ick on the Internet. I swear I've been a target by Comcast since I didn't go out on a date with the repairman.

SpringMist said...

Hi Cheryl.
Hope u are fine and the toe is ok now.
Becks huh? So I guess u watched a horror comedy.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

How's your toe doing today?
Always,
crusty~

Post a Comment

I love comments!