03 July 2007

Not sure where this idea came from, but I thought I'd post some favorite recipes from time to time. I'll only include the ones that draw raves and requests for the recipe. Let me know if anyone tries them.

This recipe is from The New Basics Cookbook by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins. About 25 years ago, they opened a tiny food store in Manhattan, The Silver Palate, and this was one of their signiture dishes. Yum. I wish I had some right now. This recipe is copyrighted, and I hope that by giving them the credit, I'll be in the clear. Last week I got an official notice from Blogger for a poem I posted in January that was a copyright violation. I took it right down.

Tarragon Chicken Salad
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 pounds), well rinsed and patted dry
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch-long pencil strips
1/2 cup walnut halves
1 tablespoon crumbled dried tarragon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking pan and spread the cream evenly over them. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the cream.
3. Shred the meat into bite-size pieces and transfer it to a bowl. Discard the cream.
4. Whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise together in a small bowl, and pour over the chicken.
5. Add the celery, walnuts, tarragon, and salt and pepper, and toss well.
6. Cover and refrigerator at least 4 hours. Correct the seasoning before serving.

4-6 servings

1 comment:

fiwa said...

I have always wondered about that when posting recipes. I should think you're safe if you give credit to the cookbook and author.

That sounds really yummy - I love sharing recipes!

Post a Comment

I love comments!