06 July 2008

Another fun-filled, busy day is about done. I met Kit at her house this morning and we went for a 3.25 mile walk. I enjoyed talking to Kit, but didn't enjoy the walk. It took us exactly 59 minutes. Why don't I like to walk? Don't know, but I was glad that I did it and so was Kit. We went to Caribou Coffee afterwards and sat outside. Kit worked on her bills and I read blogs. We decided to go out to lunch in the same shopping center. The restaurant was beautiful, and the food fantastic. We split a crab cake sandwich, a grilled chicken sandwich with pesto, smoked cheese, tomatoes, etc.., a salad, and the best french fries I think I've ever had. Ever! I'd never been to the restaurant, thinking it was too expensive, but the lunch menu was very reasonable. Kit and I went to Marshall's afterwards, then onto Homegoods. Next we drove to another shopping center and went to Michael's Crafts. Then she brought me back to my car and we parted ways. I don't remember the last time we spent so much time together, unless you count our overnight at Sherwood. I'm not used to spending so much time with a friend, and it was great. I did some long-overdue grocery shopping before heading home. Emily had been complaining before she left that we didn't have any food. Of course we did, but were lacking in a lot of categories. She'll come home to frozen dinners (good in a pinch), fresh fruit, yogurt, quesadilla fixings (pre-cooked southwestern chicken and steak), veggies, hot dogs (Hebrew National), bagels, etc... She shouldn't be able to complain!

Tonight marks a week that Emily's been gone. The house has been very quiet. It's been nice having some freedom, but I'm ready to have her home. She'll probably get here after I leave for work on Tuesday, so I'll see her Tuesday night. I hope she missed me!

I'm meeting a friend for coffee in the morning that I haven't seen in at least 6 years. She moved to Greenville, SC and is here visiting her family. We talked on the phone tonight for about an hour. I can't wait to see her.

Hope you all had a great weekend. I still have one day left!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

That lunch you had sure sounds good! My mom lives in Greenville; it's a nice town. I hope you have a great reunion with your friend!

Mo said...

What a day!

Can you come do my grocery shopping for me? It's not the shopping I don't care for. It's hiking the stuff up the stairs I don't care for. Ugh.

Enjoy your coffee date and the rest of your weekend.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Have a good time with your friend tomorrow. And I'll bet your daughter misses you, whether she admits it or not. (It's not cool to miss your mom, you know.)

SOUL said...

sounds like another really good day-- good for you. hope tomorrow is good too. and em's homecoming too-- i hope she missed you too.

fiwa said...

Yum - your lunch sounds so good.

I'm glad you had such a great day with Kit.

lovins!
fiwa

Jay said...

That definitely sounds like a yummy lunch. I think I'm hungry now.

Brad said...

What a fun filled day - You make me feel like a slug for spending the day on the couch - Only 8 more hours till my root canal - WOOT!

captain corky said...

All that food sounds like she'll be happy, but I'm surprised that you didn't buy any spagettios...

Happyone said...

Can't answer why you don't like to walk. I don't know why everyone doens't love to walk!! :-)

Sounds like you and Kit had a fun day.

I'm sure Emily missed you and she'll be happy to have all that good food waiting for her when she gets home.

Have fun with your friend.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Enjoy the quietness, Cheryl. enjoy it and cherish the time spent in solitude.

Mary said...

Sounds like a dream day. Good friend, good food, good conversation, and shopping. I don't like walking either so I understand how you feel.

Of course Em missed you but she probably won't admit it. I know you'll be glad to have her home.

Post a Comment

I love comments!