26 July 2008

It's been a while since I wrote a real post. Will this be real? We'll see.

I'm sitting outside Starbucks...the same one I was at last week. Bought dinner from Baja Fresh again, this time fish tacos. I ate them but didn't like them much. I had a big cookie from Starbucks for dessert. That was great! I mentioned last week that almost every business in this strip has outside seating. I think I wrote my alone but not lonely post from this same table. I hope a sudden thunderstorm doesn't pop up like last time.

I'm so glad my work week is over. I wasn't busier than usual, it was the way my appointments were scheduled that wore me out. Here's an example. Color application is booked for a half hour but can only take 20-25 minutes to apply. That means you can have a 5 minute break before your next client. Haircut appointments are 30 minutes too. If you have back to back HC appointments, there's not a minute in-between. If you're running late, well, you're working in a deficit. I worked three days in a row in deficit mode. No time to eat or pee. 'On' every moment. I'm actually very good at it. I just collapse at the end of the day. I was so glad to get to Borders this afternoon. Ahhh, my reward. I stayed for about 90 minutes reading INC. magazine. It's one of my favorites (I subscribe to Fast Forward, Wired, Cook's Country, Real Simple and Fine Dining). I stopped by the library on my way home. I got three audio books for my trip to Myrtle Beach. One of them is the new book by Leif Enger, So Brave, Young and Handsome. ( He also wrote Peace Like a River. If you never read that one, put it on your list of must-reads.) I also got Beach Road by James Patterson and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. The 'book' book I got is Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner. I've heard it's great. (Is this a run-on paragraph or what?) I finally came home, put on my bathing suit and went to the pool. I swam 25 laps. Somehow. You know me...lots of energy. I play games with myself to keep on swimming. First I was going to do 10 laps, then kept adding 5. I was tired of swimming at the end, but not tired. I showered at the pool, came home and changed, and left for here. And here I am. I am tired and sore, but in a good way.

I think this was a real post. And I'm going home to lay down.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so happy you're coming to South Carolina, Cheryl! I wish we could meet for coffee.

Lena said...

It must be so hard not to get a break and have to be ON all day and ON YOUR FEET!

You are amazing.

Happyone said...

What a busy day you had!!
You sure do have LOTS of energy.

Mo said...

This was indeed a real post.

I take my gf food or drinks when she has days like that at her salon.

I'm sad you didn't enjoy dinner but happy you have another vacation coming your way!

Summer said...

Where are you staying at MB? Is mom still going with you? Anyone else going along to help you out?

Jamie said...

I have never tried an audio book but with my eye trouble recently, I am thinking that may be the way to go. Do you find it as relaxing as real reading? I can't imagine it would be the same, but good heavens---all I need to do is try it, right? We are going on a long road trip in October, maybe that would be a good time to give it a shot.

I'm happy you're feeling so well. I know how much you are looking forward to your vacation, when do you leave?

You have been on my mind, when I am out walking or riding my bike and I don't think I can go on...I think of you---walking AND swimming, and somehow I can keep on for a while. So, thank you for that.

Happy Sudnay Cheryl...what's for dinner today?

Hugs.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, synchronicity! Yesterday I submitted an on-line request to our public library for 3 of the 4 books you just listed. Based on your reading taste, I think I will now add Certain Girls to my list too. Have a wonderful time... MIME

Anonymous said...

I kinda forgot about audio books...I'll have to see what our library has so that I can "read" and still do other things.

Your energy level amazes me, I always feel tuckered out after reading about your day!

heiresschild said...

i have a free year's subscription to INC magazine. i always love your energy.

kristi said...

Gosh. You are busy. I guess busy is good though!

Post a Comment

I love comments!