29 July 2008

Somehow I have a few minutes before work. Must be because I didn't turn on my computer till now. I spent most of my time working on my toes. Last week I gave myself a pedicure that looked really great. I don't like doing my own, but I don't like paying for them either and I do a perfect job. Yesterday I was at the beauty supply store and saw a new OPI color, "Teal the Cows Come Home". I had to get it. Teal for vacation. In the meantime, I've had those toe separator things on for so long that my toes hurt, but I'm not taking them out quite yet. One base coat, three of color and two top coats is a lot to dry and I don't want to mess them up. I'm going to Lowes and Bed Bath and Beyond before work this morning, and I'll take them off at the last minute.

I work today, tomorrow and Thursday. It will be another crazy busy week, but then it will be vacay time. I'll leave on Friday morn.

Have a great Tuesday!

11 comments:

C.A. said...

I'm so excited for your vacation, Cheryl! You're going to have such a wonderful time! Now I have to look up that OPI color. Right now I'm hooked on China Glaze "For Audrey"...the one that's the color of a Tiffany's box!


Don't you love it when your toes look just perfect?

Wishing you a wonderful day!

hugs....

C.A.

jAMiE said...

I need a manicure and pedicure so badly, i need to treat myself but don't.

Great to be back reading about you...i bet the new colour is lovely!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love the name of that polish.

Are you going to post a photo of your perfect toes?

fiwa said...

Man, that is a pedicure. I slap one coat of bright red on and let the shower wash away the places were I get outside the cuticle. :) :)

Teal sounds really pretty though!

Mary said...

I've never been able to do my own pedicure. It's the best reason I know for having it done. I'll have to check out your color when I go to the spa on Friday. Sounds nice.

Looking forward to vacay pics along with toes.

Mo said...

From Twitter:http://flickr.com/search/?q=redondo+beach%2C+wa

I didn't want to pick just one for you.

Have a great Tuesday and stay cool!

Mo said...

Oh and can I say what a trendsetter you are?

Blue is the new it color according to multiple sources.

I'm glad I have a few months left to work my way up to a dark blue. I'll sport it after Labor Day and the weather turns cooler.

Portia said...

Busy is good, the time flies by. You'll be off on that vacation before you know it!

p.s..i like the sound of that teal:)

marykay said...

Your toes looked great last week, so I am sure teal is terrific. I love OPI colors. Vacation woohoo!

heiresschild said...

i think i do a great job also on my own hair and nails though i love to go out and get them done every now and then. get some rest in between the crazy busyness and have a wonderful and relaxing vacation.

Jenny said...

Ooooh, those toe separators can be uncomfortable (especially when you try to walk) but it's worth it. I'm just like you: I do a good job on my toes but I hate doing it, but I hate paying for the service more! I'd rather spend that money somewhere else. I do love OPI colors too. Two of my fave reds are "Life is a Cabernet" and "A Man In Every Portugal" ... they have such fun names! I'm sure your toesies look spectacular! You'll be stylin' at Myrtle!

Post a Comment

I love comments!