12 July 2008

Please come, take a little break


This is one of my favorite statues in the garden. I got it last year for my birthday. I've never seen a bird in it, but I keep it filled with water, and I just like looking at it.

So, here it is, Saturday. The end of my work week. I've had a super busy week, which is of course great. I thought it was going to be much slower. On Tuesday I saw that I had many openings on Wednesday. When I got to work on Wednesday, all the appointments had been filled in. Same thing happened with yesterday's book. It's unusual for me to have any openings, and the clients that got in were very surprised and very happy. Here's a little story... One of my regular clients always complains that she gets a 'dent' in her hair. Every time. I just wait for her to say, 'I got that dent again in my hair. I don't know what you did that one time when it was perfect without a dent, but I got it again.' When I see her name on my book, I think 'dent.' Yesterday she sat down and said she had good news. I thought maybe the nerve problem she'd been having with her neck had gone away. Nope. She said no dent with the last haircut. Woohoo. When I finished cutting her hair she asked if I was able to see what I did differently last time that made no dent. No, I said. I wish I could have said yes. Will this be a dentless haircut? I'll find out next time.

I got home from work last night at my usual time. Emily and JD came over and we watched a movie. There Will Be Blood. Well, part of it because it started late and I had to bring JD home so I could go to bed. We'll finish the movie tonight. I'll be making one of my regular meals for dinner: flat iron steak and grilled potato wedges with some kind of vegetable. I'll also be making my banana cream pie to bring to a party tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be a good night.

Hope this weekend's a good one for you. It's time for me to stop writing and start this day.

13 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Saturday!

A dent in her hair? I don't know how you do it, women are SOOOO picky about their hair, and good heavens, it's just hair...


Much love. :)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love that statue. It's very pretty.

I hope the lady's dent doesn't come back. Have you ever seen it? Is it like a cowlick or a wave?

fiwa said...

I love the fountain. I think bigger birds like those kinds of fountains. I've seen them dipping peanuts and things like that in mine to soften them up and make them easier to open.

Val's Texas Caviar does look really good. I might have to try that.

Keep soldiering on, sweet lady. This too shall pass, as they say.

lovins,
fiwa

Billy said...

Sooooo early! Have a happy day!

Moohaa said...

That's funny, a dent in her hair. Haven't heard that one before.

I pray you have a good Saturday!

Mo said...

I love the statue! I can see why you would spend time gazing at it, regardless of bird activity.

I hope you have a good day today.

Mary said...

A lovely b'day gift, the statue. Your bird friends have a perfect bath on your deck. Maybe they think this is the guest bath.

Hope your weekend continues to be smooth sailin'

Jay said...

Maybe she keeps bumping her head on something and that is causing the dent?

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

that statue is really unique - never seen one like it - I love it.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

that statue is really unique - never seen one like it - I love it.

Gin said...

I just love your statue. I can't believe the birds aren't using it...but I'll bet they are and just get sneaky about it.

Dented hair? Hmmmm...she must have a cowlick!!

Lena said...

That was funny about the dent in her hair, but I bet it just makes you want to scream!

I love the statue, too. Beautiful...

Happyone said...

The statue is really nice - I can see why it's your favorite.

The dent story is really funny. You must hear all sorts of crazy things. Makes work interesting!!

Post a Comment

I love comments!