10 July 2008

I feel remiss. I said I'd be back to write, and I wasn't. Let's see how cryptic I can be here...maybe just say the best made plans don't always work out. Or, good intentions only work with cooperation. Or something like that and do you get my drift? I'm soldiering on. I will be steadfast. I'm in it for the long haul. I love my daughter.

I'm off today, but not carefree. I'll be staying close to home till my lunchtime counseling appointment. I'm not sure how long I'll keep that up. I've been listening to the Total Transformation system CD's, and they're truly so helpful. I feel that I've learned tools to deal with the behaviors I'm encountering, and I'm learning more than I could with a counselor. I really don't need someone to listen to me talk about my feelings. Remember I talk for a living. I need parenting help, and that's what the CD's are providing. Anyhow, besides running to the grocery store this morning, I'll be home. I am invited to Sherwood Forest for a crab feast with Kit's family. I hope things are OK here so I can go. I'll be bringing Val's recipe for Texas Caviar. It sounds delicious. And no blender or wooden spoons involved.

I'm taking a break from walking today, and do feel a little guilty. Actually, there's no reason why I should take a break. It's only 7:30 AM. I'm going to close now, and get dressed and out the door. Have a great day, what ever you do.

15 comments:

C.A. said...

I hope you know I'm thinking of you with the "teenage" issues and feel your pain. I love that the CD's are helping you get a better handle on things, Cheryl. Good for you!

Crab Feast? Texas Caviar? Sounds like HEAVEN!

Now...tell us what IS Texas Caviar????

Hugs...

C.A.

marykay said...

I remember those years so well,Meg actually moved in with her Dad, not saying do that just I know the teenage years are so hard. Crab boil sounds wonderful, have a great time!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Good luck with the teenager...I just can't imagine how tough that can be.

The crab feast sounds wonderful!!!!

Gin said...

Hang in there kiddo, it gets better, I promise!

Hey, when you get a second, check out my blog, I have an award for you!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh I'm so glad you've made my recipe. Let me know how it goes over!!! I'm making it this weekend so I can pig out again. LOL
Enjoy your get together...good friends and/or family and good food...who could ask for anything more. LOL

Billy said...

I just noticed off the the sidebar how many times it says I have visited. Does it do that for every post I leave a comment on. Sorry about that. Hope you get to go to the crab feast. It sounds like so much fun!

Tory said...

Cheryl, I really do understand your pain when you talk about teens. My eldest ran away, got into drugs, got pregnant and had one abusive relationship after another...but this same girl I was afraid would end up dead from drugs and abuse, is now married, 3 precious kids and finishing her last term in social work. Just hold on, my dear, it will all come out alright in the end. keep praying for her, that's the key...if you pray that is.
Hugs
Tory

Happyone said...

You know I know how you feel. Hang in there and remember it really does get better.
I'm always sending happy thoughts your way. :-)

ellesu said...

Yes. It does get better. I can't remember all the things I tried and all the people I (and my son) talked to. Years after the fact (it's taken years, some of them pretty scary) our son remembers that we tried and did the best we knew how. We never gave up. Things aren't rosy now, and may never be, but we still love and try.

About the Tomato Pie crust being soggy (I don't think I answered that question), even tho I pre-bake the pie shell the crust's still soggy but it doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I actually love the bottom soggy crust of cobblers so this is just more delicious juciyness to sop up.

Mary said...

Cheryl, there are so many things that I could say and still not express whats in my heart. The road seems long and rocky - and it is - but remember things will get better. My mother once told me that love is the most painful emotion a mother can feel. I didn't believe it but found it is true when I had teenagers.

My thoughts and prayers include the burden you are carrying.

Esmerelda said...

Exercise always makes me feel better. Even when I don't feel like exercising.

Today, I laid in bed for 45 minutes talking myself into going swimming. I could have done the workout in the time it took me to yap at myself. How unproductive! It isn't like I got extra sleep BECAUSE I WAS TALKING TO MYSELF.

Esmerelda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brad said...

I hope thing settle down for you so you can go to Sherwood. Hang in there.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I just want you to know that I've been thinking about you. I hope you get to go to your crab feast.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the Total Transformation CD's are helping you with your situation. They really have helped a lot of families.

I think you will be getting a lot out of them in the loing term to based on the fact that you said you're learning tools to help you with situations. Those tools will be transferable to other parenting siutations that arise in addition to whatever challenges you are having now.

Post a Comment

I love comments!