15 December 2008

And how was your day?

It's been a day of go, go, go, I'm finally sitting down, and I know the phone's going to ring for me to pick up Emily. At least she's not far away. She's hanging out at her boyfriend's. She called to tell me they're making pizza from scratch. I said, do you mean making the dough with flour and water and all? Yes! I said that's great; you can make it at home now. No, she said. She likes the easy way. Yeah. She's a teen.

I finished all my cards yesterday, then cleaned the table. Then cleaned the house. Everything was ready for my book club. Here's some shots of the gathering...a great time was had by all.










This morning I caught up on bills and phone calls. That took a while. I mailed the cards. Then it was time to shop for an outfit for Saturday's holiday party. I had slacks I bought last year that still had the tags on. I'm like that. I took them with me and found three tops and shoes too. I'll have Emily pick the outfit when she gets home. Finding a new outfit for my party is always very stressful, but now it's done! I visited my parents. My mom had cataract surgery today that went perfectly. I went to two grocery stores to start gathering ingredients for the party. And here I am! Whew.

Emily just walked in. Yeah! I don't have to leave. Time to read blogs!

18 comments:

Jay said...

You sure have been staying busy! I would be totally exhausted if I was that busy.

happyone said...

Looks like everyone having fun at your party.
All the food on the table looks yummy!
Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Everything looked so beautiful for your meeting.

I'm glad you didn't have to go out.

KathyA said...

You are one busy woman! The book group seemed really happy AND I saw cookies!!!

jAMiE said...

You are always so busy, i'm exhausted just reading you.

Glad your mom's surgery went well..i wish my mom would see an eye doctor but she refuses, stubborn woman.

Hope you have a great week...and oh, i loved the pics.

Mo said...

Glad your party went well.

Come on and fly out here. You can light a fire under my arse to get my cards done...at this rate they may turn into happy new years versus happy holidays.

I'm ok with that. Really I am.

captain corky said...

My day wasn't nearly as busy as your day was. You're house looks really nice. I'm very fond of the color in your kitchen.

fiwa said...

Aw, see how pretty your dining room looks? I love that table cloth, it's so elegant.

It looks like the party was a success. :)

love -
fiwa

Brad said...

Looks like a fine spread and a good time. What book did you guys read?

Portia said...

Another productive day! The party looks like it went great. I'm glad your mom's procedure went well.

Mary said...

As usual you have a lovely, yummy table. Everyone looks happy and relaxed - I'm sure it was a fun party/discussion.

You really are hungry for pizza when you start from scratch. Emily and friend picked a hard project.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

You look fantastic!! It looks like a nice time and I'm glad you had a good evening!!!

Besides paying bills that is!

Glad to hear that Em and her boyfriend are enjoying themselves! Is this the same one or a new relationship.(my question mark key isn't working!)

Will you come to my house in chicago and help me plan a gathering-your house looks fantastic!!

Love,
Elizabeth

bonnie said...

Hi Cheryl, you look really skinny in these pictures. I haven't heard the word "slacks" in a long time. funny.
I love the Christmas card you sent me. Awesome!

fiwa said...

Hey you - I sent you an email with the recipes.

love,
fiwa

Moohaa said...

Someday I'm going to invite myself to one of your lovely parties. You rock as a hostess!!

Stay warm and happy!

Jenny said...

Girl you're gonna burn Baltimore down with all that zipping around! LOL! Your book party looked like so much fun. I wish I had time for something like that! Merry Christmas to you and Em!

Andrew said...

I just love you to death. You know that? You make life so pleasant and worth living. The food made my stomach literally growl! Hope you're okay and busy working.

SOUL said...

oh man, i thought i was worn down... all i did today was shop, and go in my cell place to pay my bill. then i came home and dug throught two closets lookin for boxes to mail stuff in.... now-- well, for the passed hour i've just been trying to re-motivate to get back out there and face the mases. but i'm not sure if i can. if not for the post office i bet i wouldn't even think about it, but i have to mail this stuff today - or there is no chance at all it will get anywhere. ugh.

anyhow-- you have been very busy.
i bet you're ready for a rest eh?
you and em look so good. i hope you have a really happy christmas.

the book thing looks like it went off well. that's always good. and your house as usual looks nice.
(wanna trade? :))

if you get some extra time go check out my next holiday poem.. souls version of "the night before christmas"
bwa hahahaha
c yaaaaa

Post a Comment

I love comments!