08 December 2008

The day

The swim was actually great. Concentrating on counting must be like meditating. Your mind is almost blank except for the task at hand, in my case: counting. There's just such a feeling of accomplishment when I finish swimming my mile. Today I said "Happy" every time I counted to a multiple of 10. Yeah, I know. Weird. I'll have to add it to a meme if I ever do one of them. My parents weren't home when I called from my car, and I decided that I'd visit my mother on Wednesday after work instead of today and take her out to dinner. Then I called Karen to tell her I was going to the stamping store around the corner from her house and that I needed fish tacos from Ram's Head. I picked her up, and went outside my box a little and had a Reuben. Delicious. We went to the stamping store afterward, then I dropped her off. I came home, and the rest of the day flew by. I worked on my cards. Probably spent an hour just cutting around evergreen sprays. Finally decorated the tree with Emily. Watched part of a movie and 2 TV shows with her. Made dinner. And here I am. Day is done, and it's time for bed. I'll spend a few minutes reading my Fine Cooking magazine, then it's lights out.

9 comments:

KathyA said...

I went to the gym early today and then came home and worked on my posting. I got into it so much, that I decided I'm going out to Pine Valley tomorrow or Wednesday to get a small tree. I'll chop it down myself!!

Moohaa said...

Good for you on getting out there. You worked hard today! I enjoyed going to Starbucks for my son's mentor meeting and my youngest and I played UNO while enjoying some hot cocoa. Good night!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Can I come over and hang out with yoU? I love the sound of your days!!

Burrr, lots of rain and chill here-- how about you??

TtysooN!
oh, what was the website link to the elf ladder again?
:)
E

Brad said...

MMmmmm - I just ad a reuben last week. You just made me want another !

Golden To Silver Val said...

Ahhh...you life sounds so full and rich...and a healthy lifestyle too! I'm staying in for the next 3 days until this weird weather clears up a bit. All that snow we have on the ground and now its been raining for over 12 hours...not good. They've promised its going to get cold and turn back to snow, with a couple inches predicted. Doubly not good. I don't dare fall at my age! Ice is not user friendly to me anymore.
Enjoy your day today.

jAMiE said...

I hope you sleep well Cheryl..

Gin said...

I need to find a method to keep track of my laps. I know I lose track every time. Oh well, I am going by how long I swim and laps, so I guess as long as I stay in as long as I need to it will work out. Altho I did learn a new thing at the pool yesterday. You know those plastic rings that are all along the ropes that divide up the pool into lanes? Well, if you take a hair clip along, you can use those rings to count with if you want and just keep your place with a hair clip on the rope.

Jenny said...

I know I've said this before, but I am so proud of you that you are still swimming. I remember you saying several months ago that you usually gave up on an exercise regimen just as it began to be a little easier for you. So good for, sticking with it all this time! I know I feel so much better when I am faithful to my walking.

Jenny said...

I meant to say, "so good for you" ... LOL! I'm all in a rush.

Post a Comment

I love comments!