11 March 2007

Today turned out to be a good long day. There were enough hours for once. It took me a while to get going--I was waiting for it to warm up outside. I was afraid I'd waste the day away and feel guilty later. Once the sun was shining in the garden, I made my way outdoors. I spent a few hours getting some hard labor in. It felt wonderful. It's good to be able to look back and see that you've accomplished something. (I still go down to the basement and look in wonder at how clean it is.) I'm now excited about the garden, which is what I was hoping would happen. It would be a shame to put the effort that's going to be needed into something I didn't have my heart in. At least I hope my heart is going to be in it. Does this sound like blah, blah, blah to you?

Emily's 'boyfriend' came over this afternoon for the first time. He was very nervous, which I thought was a good emotion. He does seem like a nice kid. I'm sure it was uncomfortable for him. Emily was very interested in what I thought of him, which led to a good conversation. My girl is growing up--something I have to accept. Fortunately, she has a level head on her shoulders. I pray that continues.

The day ended with dinner at the mall. It was a long day. A good night's sleep will be the perfect finish.

2 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Yeah, I'm all for nervous boyfriends. I think it shows respect and that he values your opinion or knows your daughter does.

Amanda said...

Yes, I agree with squirrel. :)

Hope you had a good night's sleep!

Post a Comment

I love comments!