08 September 2007

I'd rather be eating ice cream

The Orville Redenbacher 94% Fat Free popcorn isn't doing it. Neither is the fat free tapioca pudding. Nothing hits the spot like creamy, full fat ice cream. It's in the freezer, but I'm ignoring it. The fact is, all of my clothes are tight and it's time to take control. Today is day 3 of eating well and I'm craving everything in sight. My will is strong though, so I'm just dealing with it.

Talking about food, Emily and I made Pad Thai for dinner. I bought a box mix that had rice noodles and Pad Thai sauce. You added an egg, green onions, tofu, peanuts and bean sprouts. Next time I'll know to buy my own rice noodles and sauce. Who needs the box? It was our first time buying and using tofu. We were both a little afraid of it, but it really was tasteless until you added a flavor. I bought some packages of stir-fry mix and assorted vegetables, and we'll use the rest of the tofu to make a stir-fry meal. Did I mention that Emily is a new vegetarian, hence the tofu? I borrowed a tofu cookbook from the library, and was lent a copy of The Moosewood Cookbook, so we'll be doing some cooking.

I've been having trouble with the Internet connection on my laptop, so tonight I took the time to call Verizon. The tech I spoke to was perfect..what a nice surprise. Not only did she fix the problem, but she helped me fix non-Verizon issues with my computer. Myspace is no longer the homepage on Internet Explorer (sorry Emily). My taskbar is small again and minus all the icons I don't use. The time spent on the phone was time well spent.

Emily's team had their first game yesterday and lost 8-0. Ow! I'm sure that's discouraging, but they are a team with a lot of players who are new to the game. I'm amazed by the hours they spend practicing. They had practice today, then worked the Special Olympics event at their school, for which they'll get 3 hours of community service. Tonight was a party for the team at one of the girl's homes in our neighborhood. Have I said how happy I am that Emily's on this team? She's actually going out running tomorrow morning so she can get better at it. Happy me.

10 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hi Cheryl,
I think I missed something. What team is Emily on?

Good luck with eating well. I'm afraid I fell off the wagon this weekend and have been eating, well, a hellava lot.

Andrew said...

Tell Emily to hang in there about the losses. Good things come to those that are patient.

I've been walking an hour everyday. I want my face to be slim looking and my cheeks are puffy. (I am so vain.) I have a bad habit of popping one of those Marie Callendar frozen meals in the microwave when I am hungry though. Can you say fat and sodium city?

Take care Cheryl. You are an inspiration to me and I just wanted you to know that.

Andrew

Amanda said...

It's true. The real deal always tastes better. Good luck with everything! :)

heiresschild said...

hi cheryl, i hate low-fat ice-cream. it doesn't even melt/soften like regular ice cream. i eat sherbert. i like it to melt/soften a little, then eat it. yummy!

i'm losing weight also, so i'm eating fruits, veggies, salad, lean-cuisine & weight-watchers dinners (i catch the sales). it's working too. i'm a serious bread-eater, so no breads for now.

i need to call verizon also re my DSL and have been putting it off. maybe your comments about time well spent on the phone is my motivation to call today.

the perserverence and practice will pay off for your daughter's team. have a great week!

Happyone said...

Oh I love ice cream too. I stay thin by eating eveything I want to, just not as much of it as I want. It's all in portion control. Don't deny yourself because that is just when you crave it more. Just have a little taste. I eat ice cream almost every single evening, but I just have a little.
Too bad about Emily's team losing but when you start with a loss things can only get better. :-)

Dave said...

Hey Cheryl... If you don't want the tofu, you can always have that Baconator! :-)

Rick Rockhill said...

I suggest more fresh fruit...berries work best for me (strawberries and blueberried in particular).

SpringMist said...

I had tried out low fat ice cream before, but it did not taste like ice cream at all in my opinion!

I am a vegetarian too, and I must say I am delighted to hear Emily had decided to convert to the meatless fold :) Most of my meals consist of mushrooms lately. Maybe Cheryl, u might enjoy eating mushrooms!

I bookmarked this tofu recipes ages ago, but I still have not gotten around to trying it. Here, hope it's helpful:
http://food.yahoo.com/search?p=tofu&tp=recipe

So, that means Cheryl u are also running tomorrow :)?

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Tapioca pudding is only good when it's made out of the box fresh..want some? I can make it and send it to you.. :)in exchange for a haircut! :)
Always,
Crusty~ :)

jAMiE said...

Best of luck for Emily's next game...good on her for trying!

Mmmm, did you mention popcorn...

Post a Comment

I love comments!