20 September 2007

I'm not usually at Panera's in the afternoon, but why not? I'd like to have my own private cubby here, with a privacy screen in Panera's warm, harvest gold/orange/vanilla colors. Why? To do hair. My clients would come in on their lunch break. They'd all be friends with me. We'd talk while I 'worked' (if you can call it work). I'd schedule regular breaks to sit at my favorite table with my laptop. I'd have a bagel with cream cheese every day for breakfast with dark roasted coffee. For lunch I'd have a cup of soup and a half salad, with an apple. Dinner could be the same. I don't think I'd get tired of it. I'd become friendly with all the regulars. I'd feel like I was entertaining at home. I'm having a great day dream here. Too bad it couldn't work. I'd have to leave my job. I couldn't do that. I have a home to take care of. Not to mention a daughter. Well, a girl can dream, right? In the meantime, I'll come here and visit when I can. And dream.

10 comments:

josie2shoes said...

What a lovely idea! I'd so like to have a place like that to come to! Why does reality always have to ground our dreams? Sigh

Andrew said...

You made me smile with this post. I would love to live at an A.A. meeting. That way I always had a support group around me at the ready. I could blog from my laptop and watch television in the foyer. Maggie and Rosa might get out done with me though! hah! Glad you are enjoying your day off and thanks so much for the email today!

Ilene said...

You know, that is a great concept. To have a gourmet coffee shop with good sandwiches, soup and salads, and be able to get your hair done and other services. You should talk to P&M about it! Oh, and good desserts too.

Happyone said...

Sounds like a great idea. It's always nice to have a dream!

Martha said...

Sometimes, I feel like my dreams are the only thing that keep me going...

SpringMist said...

It is great concept. Love it. A great way to relax.
Hey there Cheryl :).
I love stir-fry broccoli and tofu too :)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I like that idea!!! Sounds like a wonderful company merge..that with Starbucks..and we're GOLDEN!! :)
Hope you had a good friday night alone!! :)
Always,
Crusty~

heiresschild said...

my hopes and dreams are what keep me going.

Becca said...

Oh, I'm a Panera girl too! Unfortunately my family doesn't like it, so I have to beg and plead or sneak off by myself in order to go there! Next time I'm in MD, we'll have to plan a lunch there! You know, when I was in MD last week, I actually heard my mom say that she was SICK of Panera!! I almost fell over! :)
Loving your blog!
Becca
www.beccasfreshfruit.blogspot.com

jAMiE said...

Dreams...where would we be without them. I feel lost in a dream right now...ok its a bad one..but a dream just the same.

We don't have Panera here..i am glad you have such a place to enjoy.

Post a Comment

I love comments!