12 September 2007

So we're sitting at the dinner table, eating our not-great stir fry dinner. Emily picked out the mushrooms, then the yellow peppers, then just picked at it. It wasn't nearly as good as the other stir-fry meals I've made. I told her I wouldn't make another till next week. She said she didn't want any more stir-fries at all. I told her there's other ways to prepare tofu and she was glad to hear that. I asked her if she wanted to know, as I've been reading a tofu cookbook. She said no. That conversation came to an abrupt end.

I told Emily that I was going to the doctor's in the morning. There's no school (Jewish holiday), so she'll be home. All she wanted to know was what time I was leaving. I said, "don't you want to know why I'm seeing a doctor?" She said, "Mom, I read your blog. I know everything about you." Was that funny, or not??

BTW, my throat's not been bothering me at all since I went to the doctor's. I'll still go for the sonogram, but I'm not worried anymore.

I've been cooking since I got home from work. I volunteered to bring dessert to my relatives' house tomorrow. I'd seen a recipe in the new Cook's Illustrated magazine for Cheesecake Brownies, and that's what I made. It was my first time making brownies from scratch, and was much easier than I thought. I won't cut them into squares till tomorrow, so I won't know how they look inside till then. While the brownies were baking, I made up the batter for chocolate chip cookies. Emily's putting the batches of cookies in the oven now.

I'll write again tomorrow after my appointment...

11 comments:

Leaking Moonlight said...

I want to let you know I'm in your cheering section. (Mister thyroid and I have a long and complicated history too...)

Jay said...

Cheesecake brownies?? Oh man does that sound yummy!

Cheryl said...

jay... a lot better than tofu!

Ilene said...

I saw your picture on the Pioneer woman's blog. You're famous!

captain corky said...

Tofu should be outlawed!!!

fiwa said...

I just found a wok-cookbook at a garage sale this weekend. If I find any good stir-fry recipes I'll pass them along.

I hope your dr. appointment goes well today. Take care of you -
fiwa

Portia said...

my mom's favorite tofu recipe was SPICY FREID TOFU...lots of curry...make that once and she'll be begging you for any kind of stir fry!

Portia said...

sorry you may have figured that should be "FRIED"

jAMiE said...

Cheesecake brownies sound sinful and delicious!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

L'Shana Tova!!

How'd those brownies turn out?? :)
Always,
Crusty~

Terroni said...

To answer your question...funny ;>

Post a Comment

I love comments!