24 September 2007

It's official...Fall is here.


Yes, I'm one of those people who hang flags outside. I started doing it years ago after noticing that many people in my sister's GA neighborhood did it. I'm pretty good at keeping up with the seasons, holidays, etc... Today I took down the one with bright flowers and replaced it with this Fall one. Not that I'm embracing the season fully, yet.

I went for my barium swallow test and upper GI series test this morning. Interesting. I had to get in a gown that closes in the back. I didn't think about tying it closed. How do you do that from behind anyway? Then I stood in front of a vertical X=ray machine. I had to hold a large glass of barium in my left hand. I was given a tiny cup of crystals that I had to throw to the back of my throat, followed by a tiny cup of water. I immediately had to start drinking the glass of barium without stop. It was as thick as yogurt. Yuck. The doctor took pictures the whole while. Then I put my arms on the table, and the X-ray machine carried me to a horizontal position and I was laying on it. They handed me another glass of a more liquid barium solution that I had to drink with a straw while they took pictures. Then I had to turn over and over and over so the barium could coat my stomach. That was when I realized I should have asked for help with tying the gown. I had to turn with one hand reached behind me to keep myself covered. Anyhow, that was it. The doctor mentioned something about reflux. Not that he gave me a diagnosis, but my own doctor had mentioned that too. I'll be making an appointment with an ear/nose/throat doctor, who I also hope finds nothing wrong. Then, hopefully I'll be done. I'll probably worry some while awaiting today's test results, but I think I'll be better than I was last week.

I went out for lunch after my appointment, and have spent the last few hours doing this and that around the house. Emily asked if her field hockey team could come over after practice today to decorate team t-shirts and have pizza. Anytime, as far as I'm concerned.

13 comments:

Jay said...

The guy who invented those hospital gowns was clearly an ass man. I'm sure the gown was a joke. Somehow though, they accepted it. It's amazing, isn't it?

Martha said...

I thought I was having a bad day. I bet you were glad to get back into your clothes.

bonnie said...

Hi Cheryl, was the barium stuff for thyroid? that's got something to do with reflux? Go figure. Well, I started my own blog and guess what... Jess, my daughter started her own blog too. That's all you, woman. ALL YOU. I love it. I have gotten the best ideas from other people's blogs. I am so grateful. So check me out and leave me a note....PLEASE... Petitelutin.com....it means Bad Little Imp or Little Pixie.... a perfect identity for me. P.S. Jess is comin in for a haircut on wed. I LOVE MY HAIR. THANK YOU!!!!! SHORT & BLONDE! YES.

jAMiE said...

I hope your results are good ones Cheryl. I love your flag..i wish i were a flag person, i think it's charming.

Amanda said...

Lovely flag! I hope they won't delay those results too long. Waiting sucks.

Entertaining a hockey team will certainly prove distracting!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I love the flag. Wishing you good results and handsome doctors.

marykay said...

The flag is great! Positive thinking on the results and prayers always..

Happyone said...

Like the ass man comment from Jay. LOL.
Drinking that stuff sounds awful! Hope test results are all good ones. Will say an extra prayer for you.

captain corky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
captain corky said...

It's clearly still Summer here. It's going to be 91 today, but supposedly it drops by 10 degrees tomorrow. We'll see.

Can I come over to decorate shirts and eat pizza? I promise I'll only bring a few of my blogging friends. ;)

Billy said...

Hey you! I missed you while I was away. I have finally caught up on all of the posts I missed last week. Looks like you have been busy. The cookies look wonderful and I absolutely love the picture of the sunset you captured. I love it when people take pictures of where they have been. Hope you are having a fantastic week. Tell Emily thank you for answering my questions. She is such a sweet girl.

Terroni said...

Long time, no chat, Cheryl! I'm sorry--I've been having a little trouble keeping up with blogs.
Cute flag!
And barium? Yuck indeed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for "nothing wrong."

SOUL said...

hi.. sorry about your barium hell today. you described it perfectly though. i wish i could have done as well after i had mine done. of course i don't remember how i wrote it now, but it surely wasn't as visual. (no, i didn't imagine you in your floppy gown... just the table thing)... i got soooo ill after that. i was sooo surprised to see you went to lunch. i barely made it home before i spent the rest of the night in the bathroom.!
me and barium do not get along well AT ALL.

hoping you get good results back!

Post a Comment

I love comments!