23 September 2007

Were you wondering where I've been?

I don't seem to have a lot to say on work days. I think that's it. It's now Sunday morning and I've been sitting at an outside table at Caribou Coffee with my friend Kit for the last couple of hours. Time just flew by. We spent our time talking instead of talking and looking at our computers. We both have a lot to say, and sometimes need to interrupt the other to get a word in. The routine lately has been to meet early because Kit visits her 90-year old father every Sunday at 11:30. We did go online to find a place that served steak and creme brulee, her dad's favorite. I've mentioned it before, but Kit has a blog that she writes in her father's 'voice.' He dictates letters for her to put on the blog, plus she has all the family photos and memorabilia. If you get a chance, check it out and say hello.

Well, I realize that I'm too hungry to stay here and write. It's a gorgeous day, and it's time to get home. I'll continue this later today.

9 comments:

~Vital~ said...

hey, I tried the link you left for Kit's blog..something must be wrong. It wouldn't work.

Mary said...

Cheryl, I also tried the link and didn't get it to work. I'd really like to read the blog you mentioned. Older folks have so much to share. I know the gentleman loves and appreciates his daughter taking time to include him in her schedule. I'm sure you also value Kit's friendship.

I'm mostly a reader and not much of a commenter but I'm trying to change that. I do enjoy reading your blog and check almost every day for the latest.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

wow! That's a really cool idea!
So, creme brulee and steak? Your postings always make me hungry!! :)
I'll have to check him through her out! Thanks..
how was your fasting? :)
Always,
Crusty~
you wanna come with Soul and I for a smoke? You can just hang out with us-you're an ex smoker so you count. :)

Summer said...

I was worried about you.

Creme brulee... Just tape it to my thighs. Ha!

~Vital~ said...

wanted to say thanks for the wonderful link. Kit and her grandad have a wonderful blog going. I totally love it there.

Mary said...

Both hubby and I spent time at this site. Not many of the WWII vets left. We need to preserve their memories. History has a way of forgetting the human story and most times that's were the lessons are. Thanks for sharing the link.

Creme brulee - wonderful and lethal.

Dave said...

Sometimes, conversation between two good friends is more important than any amount of blogging in the world. I am glad you haver a good friend like that.

Take care Cheryl! :-)

Portia said...

wasn't it a beautiful weekend? i love this time of year!

jAMiE said...

I'm glad you had a nice time with your friend...hope you enjoyed your steak and creme brulee.

Post a Comment

I love comments!