I slipped a little and had an extra shot of espresso yesterday. I always pay for that in the form of a bad night's sleep. I woke up, thinking it was close to morning. I didn't open my eyes. Tried to fall back asleep. Finally looked at the bedside clock in horror as it read 2:58 A.M. This was after going to sleep at 1:00. I got up and read for a while. I think I got about 4 hours sleep total.
I'm a little confused about what time it really is. Actually, I just called the number for time. I had changed the clock on my computer last night, but I guess it changed itself (like it has a mind of it's own) because it's an hour ahead of what it should be. Could my cell phone have automatically changed too? Like I said, confused.
So here it is, Sunday. The sun is shining, and the weather is nice. I plan to get outside and do some cleaning up in my garden. The year we moved into the house (it was new) I removed the grass in my front yard and planted a perennial garden. I'm on a cul-de-sac and the lots are triangular. My friend, an avid gardener, helped me plan the garden according to color, height, and bloom times. I bought most of the plants from a nursery to get the exact color and variety. Over the years, I've divided my favorite plants and integrated them into the garden. I've bought new ones wherever I could find them and planted them here and there. I've let the plants spread so I could have a full garden. What I have now, after 13 years, is a garden that needs a major overhaul. The two trees in the middle of it grew tall and blocked the full sun exposure. Last year I had my dogwood taken out because it was too close to the house. That tore things up. One of my favorite plants, yarrow, is everywhere. So is coreopsis and false sunflower. They're all yellow. I have a mostly yellow garden. Boring. Another favorite, perennial phlox, spread like crazy, but no longer has the vibrancy of the original plant. I really neglected the garden last summer. I never watered and it was dry. When summer was over, I pulled anything that would give. Now spring is around the corner, and I have work to do. Gardening is no longer the hobby it once was, but since I can't have a yard with just dirt, I have to get going. I think I'll see if my old friend can come by and help me get this garden back in shape.
Funny how some posts just take on a life of their own.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
11 March 2007
The Girl With the Curl
About Me
- Cheryl
- I have the perfect job for me. I choose to be a happy person. I have a 23 year old daughter, a mostly local family and some great friends. I live in a sun-filled home that I love. I love to learn. I'm easy to please. I'm not always what I seem.
I Wonder What's In Here?
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
My Blog List
-
-
It's Tiiiimmmmmeeeee - I am writing this blog post in a rare moment these days- I am...are you ready for it? I....am.....ALONE! This evening, Lottie took Minnie in the st...3 days ago
-
Reflections (And Not on a Green Pond) - One would have to be a hanging salami to not be affected by the literal dismantling of our White House, Rose Garden, Performing Arts Center, and on and ...2 months ago
-
-
Marching In - Here it is March already and winter just flew by. Anyway, another milestone was passed, 71 trips around the sun in January! If any of my followers are stil...6 months ago
-
Hello world! - Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!1 year ago
-
-
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman - This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network. My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing it t...6 years ago
-
Healthy Living as a Type 1 Diabetic: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM - *New Podcasts: * Healthy Living Diabetes: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM *30 minute podcast click here * 60 minute podcast click here Anyone who ha...6 years ago
-
Meg and Other Matters - Meg, Alex’s lifelong friend, got married Saturday! She’s Hyacinth’s daughter, and while it’s a little surreal that she is now a married woman, she found pr...7 years ago
-
Whatever It Takes - Have you ever been in a position of having someone--a spouse, significant other, someone very close to you--ask you a major, "What if..." question? I was h...7 years ago
-
Moving to a New Location - This year I will be blogging at: http://josietwoshoes.wordpress.com Please come and visit me there! :-)8 years ago
-
Back again - I miss my blogging friends. I have become addicted to Facebook and Twitter and it steals all of my time. The only blogs I usually read now are by bloggers...9 years ago
-
A quick update--- - I am still in the hospital, and I have to tell you --- my pain this time is so, SO much worse than ever before. I understand it is because he took out two ...9 years ago
-
The Watchers - A few years back I asked my grandmother what her earliest memory was. She thought for a moment and told me that the most vivid memory she has from early c...10 years ago
-
How I started the new year..... - A few days after January 1, I hurt my foot. I thought perhaps I had stepped on it wrong and sprained it. I knew I had a doctor's appointment coming up so...10 years ago
-
RIP Mom, I love you - July 8, 2015, my brother called to tell me my mother had passed away. I don't want to go into the details. It's been hard. I have a lot of guilt. I used Na...11 years ago
-
Diagnosis Today! - Well, my father just called and we are leaving at 11:30am to head to the doctor. sniff sniff. At least we will eat a good lunch somewhere. That gives m...11 years ago
-
Resisting - To quote a CBSnews.com article, "Flowers are blossoming. Bees are buzzing. The sky is blue. Sunsets have been stunning. Temperatures have crept north ...11 years ago
-
Author's Website - My new author's website and blog is live. You can find it here. Among other things, on the books page it has a synopsis of my soon-to-be-published book *Th...13 years ago
-
I Love Photography! by The Pioneer Woman - A short time after I started my blog in 2006, I got a “big girl camera” and began learning about photography. My learning approach was to take thousands an...13 years ago
-
-
Another Week Gone - *Earlier today I did manage to change my header pic to one from the Opryland Hotel Atrium in Nashville, TN. Harry and I enjoyed our time at the Ryman and ...14 years ago
-
HOPE CHEST - *I was recently asked a question by BlogHer:* *"How do I plan to create Happiness for myself in 2012?" Tough question if you ask me..** *(oh before ...14 years ago
-
Wow...I almost forgot about my blog! - The best intentions sometimes fall by the wayside once spring and summer get here. And what with addictive games and contacts on Facebook, my blog has suff...15 years ago
-
His name is "Stay!" - I'm lucky enough to get a call every so often from the Endress+Hauser Corporation to make something out of their spare parts. They give me full creative...16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(392)
-
▼
March
(32)
- I came home from work to find a banner with a pict...
- I just had to post this picture . These daffodils ...
- I'm sitting outside on my deck. It's warmer on thi...
- The windows are open, the birds are busy singing; ...
- I sat on my porch for at least an hour today. It w...
- Instead of a lot of words, I thought I'd post a ph...
- It's the start of Saturday. I'm so tired. Hard to ...
- I have 15 minutes before my shows begin. I just fi...
- Good Morning. I should be getting ready for the da...
- And here it is, Wednesday evening. I did two clien...
- I'm always glad when it's Tuesday and it's the sta...
- I think I might be too full to even write. Is that...
- And another Sunday comes and goes. I'm glad I stil...
- No title
- Andrew was just asking about the weather. It's ter...
- Proxima wrote that she misses seeing my face. How ...
- I hate it when I don't know how to fix a problem. ...
- Is anyone else having a problem with Blogger? The ...
- A miracle happened last night. I got 9 hours of un...
- I thought I'd start with these pictures of what my...
- I wrote a long post, read the preview of it, and d...
- Today turned out to be a good long day. There were...
- I slipped a little and had an extra shot of espres...
- I thought it was time to write about my lost pet, ...
- It's early Thursday morning, and I'm going to writ...
- "I'll write after this one"That's what I think to ...
- I've always been one of those people who got their...
- It was a great trip and I can't wait to do somethi...
- I didn't promise this...It's Monday morning. I'll ...
- It's taken me all night to do nothing. I spent a f...
- I wasn't going to write tonight. I have things I n...
-
▼
March
(32)


2 comments:
a garden is never finished, like like it is always a work in progress. Throw some turkey poo on everything and it will vibrate again!
I have the same probs with espresso. I take myself off coffee for a week every month.
Saw your link on Andrew's blog. Yeah! I am planting a vegetable garden for the first time this year. My grandfather and my dad are awesome vegetable growers. I can't seem to keep anything alive in the house. I am going to try my luck outside. Can't wait!
Post a Comment
I love comments!