24 March 2014

Musings

I'm always amazed by how much time I can spend in a coffee shop. I'm at a local place in Annapolis right now.


I've been looking up events/books/etc. that clients have recommended.


Browsing Facebook. Reading email. Checking out the news and blogs. Time flies.

I made a great appetizer for two events this weekend. If I must say so myself :-) I needed to figure out how to make the tortilla 'cups' to hold them. My sister and I brainstormed and we did it!



Yesterday was book club. We read Tell The Wolves I'm Home. Everyone loved it but one. 

I listen to all my books. I just bought a bluetooth headset. Love it! I recently finished We Are Water by Wally Lamb. A very worthwhile read. It's right up there with his other award-winning books. I'm listening to The Invisable Thread now. Non-fiction. I'd highly recommend it.

I feel like I'm wasting my morning away by hanging out here. But, what does that mean? Why should I feel that way? It's too cold to do much of anything outside. I have my bag packed to go to the gym today. There's nothing I need to do at home. Sure I could be cleaning. Who wants to do that? Not me! My house is very neat. My floors are dirty. I can live with that. Have I ever mentioned how much I would love to have someone clean my house? It would be the ultimate luxury to me. Actually, ulitmate is a bit overboard. I would love it, though. I'm just too frugal to pay someone to do it for me. 

I had a massage at my salon on Friday. That was a luxury. One that I should schedule on a regular basis. I get a very generous employee discount. It's been years since I had one there. I wonder why. 

I can't wait till summer!










2 comments:

Lena said...

Yes, you need to treat yourself to more massages! Especially at a discount rate! I love how you enjoy writing at the coffee shops. Someday, I will try to get into that habit.
When I take time for myself, I always feel I have to justify it as well. I have a feeling men do not do this!
Have a great day, thanks for stopping by the other day!

Jamie said...

Hi Cheryl!!! I am currently trying to read Wally Lamb's latest book. He is the author of my most favoritest book EVER - "I Know This Much is True". This one though, I'm having trouble getting into. Probably just me, I don't really have much luck getting totally involved in anything these days. I miss your blog - posting all the time the way that we all used to. But you do still write here, more than so many of our old group. I am trying to write again, it is very difficult for me lately, but I am going to keep trying. Take wonderful care of yourself my friend. Much. much love and hugs. J. xo

Post a Comment

I love comments!