01 October 2006


I'll start with a picture of my frog. Yes, my frog. It lives on my gas grill, under the canvas cover. I haven't grilled much this summer...It's so much easier to use my George Foreman. A couple of weeks ago I decided to grill some chicken and was surprised to find a frog staring at me when I pulled off the cover. I tried to nudge it away, albeit half-heartedly, but my daughter protested loudly. We took pictures, ooh'd and aww'd, and decided not to grill outdoors. The next time I wanted to grill, the frog was not to be seen. Yeah! Last Thursday, steak in hand, the frog was back, just la de da, sitting on the handle of the grill. I just didn't have the heart to chase him away, so the steak went into the refrigerator. Last night, I was determined to cook that steak. I took the cover off, and there he was. I decided to give him time to move. I checked from time to time, and the wind must have made him seek a warmer shelter. He attached himself to the line going from the propane tank to the grill, and there he stayed the entire time I cooked. When the grill was cool and ready to be covered, he was back at his regular spot. He has a name now...McJagger. I'll be sad when he does leave us.

2 comments:

Nick said...

You might want to rethink that name. McJagger gives off the vibe that he is a pretty pretentious frog. =p

Sarah said...

a post! WITH PICTURES!! oh, Cheryl, there's hope for your blog yet...

Post a Comment

I love comments!