17 June 2007

What a day! We went out to breakfast to celebrate Father's Day, as planned. I had a great meal that kept me full till almost dinner time. That was good and bad. We went to the pool for the first time. I lounged around reading my Wired magazine with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. Swam some laps from time to time to cool off. It was a brilliantly sunny day with really low humidity. That's kind of rare around here. We came home, and Emily and her boyfriend watched a movie while I did my squirrel study. Dinner done, I watered all the plants outside and hung out on the porch. The mosquitoes finally chased me in, but not before I had time to take some shots of the hummingbird and check out Venus. Time to say good-bye to a very long day.

3 comments:

Terroni said...

Squirrels, huh? Interesting that you should mention that, because I had a bit of a run in with those rodents myself this weekend.

Funny that we're both posting about squirrels.

captain corky said...

Sounds like a great day.

Anonymous said...

I love swimming, but I don't like sharing the pool with strangers. If we can save up enough, maybe someday the hubby and I can afford a "single lane lap pool" like what rich people get.

Later!
-P

Post a Comment

I love comments!