03 May 2010

Tick tock....

Once again, I'm thankful for all the hours in a day. It seems like forever since I woke up. And it was. I took care of stuff at home. Laundry. Lots of phone calls. Etc. Before I knew it, it was noon and I was frustrated that the day was passing me by. Isn't that strange? I was busy but felt like nothing was being accomplished. Why do I feel like I have to do so much? I can relax; it just has to be later in the day. I brought my dad clean clothes and talked to the case worker for a while. That was frustrating. The opinion of all is that he needs 24 hour supervision at home. How are we supposed to do that? I made a few phone calls, and will save that worry for another day. I went to Home Depot and bought more plants and dirt and grass seed. I ran into my old neighbor from when I lived in an apartment. I hadn't seen him for probably 20 years. We had a great visit. I went to Kohl's. I came home and started working on the grass/bare earth/weed patch that I think is called a greenway. It's the area between driveways and the sidewalk and the curb. My little neighbors from across the cul-de-sac came to help. I'm so glad I saved Emily's tools. They helped me rake the weeds and sweep the curb. There were so many weeds, despite the weed killer I put down weeks ago. I put down topsoil, then some fancy seed that's coated with something that absorbs moisture, then fertilizer. I raked and watered. Maybe I'll get some good grass there. If it works, maybe I'll have the energy in the fall to take on a bigger project and maybe grow more lawn. I've written that before. We'll see. It felt good to work hard outside. I came in and made a simple dinner. I've watched TV. And here I am. Two more hours till bedtime. So glad there's this many hours in a day.

7 comments:

KathyA said...

Why do they think he needs 24 hour supervision? Do you agree with their assessment? What about assisted living for the two of them -- would your mom agree to that?
You've worked hard -- it's a wonder you're up this late!
I think the Hyalgan shots are working, but it's probably too soon to tell. I've got four more to go. Also, we've been really working hard -- doing lots of going up and down stairs...

happyone said...

You sound as busy as always. When you get a moment maybe we could meet one of these days for lunch!? Bonnie and Kathy too? It's been a while since we all met.

beachgirl said...

Take some time and breath girl.

beachgirl said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Linda said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm always delighted to meet new bloggers. I've enjoyed reading through yours and see you have the aging parents issue. Been there, done that, and bought the tee-shirt on that one. Bless you.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Hi Cheryl. Kathy told me about the situation with your parents. I just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts.

beachgirl said...

Happy Mothers Day Cheryl.

Post a Comment

I love comments!