27 January 2014

Closed-captioning

I often post pictures on Facebook of Sparky. If you didn't know better, you'd think I adored him.




The truth is that he drives me crazy because of his constant barking. He is cute though. Is the last picture not the most adorable thing? He got a super-short clipping that day so I bought him a coat and slipper booties. He walked right out of them, but not before I caught it on 'film'. I'm sure there are lots of things I could do to try to stop the barking, but I just don't feel like taking the time to do it. He's not my dog. Personally, I think he spends too much time in his crate. When he's out and I'm home, he stands in front of the living room window and barks. If I keep the blinds all the way down, he bends them to see through. It's a quandry for me. So far my best escape from the barking is to just not be here. I don't like to complain, but it's become a real issue. Part of the problem might also be his lack of exercise. We were walking at least 3 miles every morning but since this artic weather has settled in, we haven't. I'm going to see if someone has a treadmill I can borrow. My dog-whisperer friend says all dogs love running on treadmills. I may put him on one and never take him off. Not really. I'd take him off eventually.

I finished watching the first two seasons of Scandal. So, so good. I haven't watched any of season three. I'll wait till it's over and watch it on Netflix. I wonder what series I should watch next? On that note, I'm going to catch up on some DVR'd shows now. With closed-captioning on so I can understand the dialogue, what with all the barking. Besides all the usual things I'm thankful for on a daily basis, today I'm especially thankful for closed-captioning.





3 comments:

bettyC said...

Season 4 is starting sometime in late Feb. I've found season 3 but it starts w E6. I wnt watch til I've seen 1-5 😕

happyone said...

Sparky blends in well with the snow.
Oh no you aren't making that poor dog wear those booties are you!! : )

Forsythia said...

A whippersnapper yapper. It would get on my nerves too. Good luck.

Post a Comment

I love comments!