16 May 2011

Garden pics

I thought I'd do a mostly picture post. It's garden time, and I've been working hard. I have a few areas to fill in, but it's mostly done. Here's a view of the front of my house. I took out all my grass when I started my garden 17 years ago. You can't see the hidden treasures within from this angle. Sitting here on my porch, I have a completely different view.


This first picture shows my new hummingbird feeder. So far, no takers. The rest of the pictures show most of my garden creatures.














I'm hoping that a frog/toad discovers this rock cave. So far the only critters to use it are the birds who think it's a toilet seat.






The colored globes in my garden are solar-powered lights that change colors in the night. Emily gave them to me for Mother's Day.


Here's a view of the other side of my house. The plants closest to the siding still have another foot or two to grow. All the plants here bloom with yellow flowers.


Here's a hanging basket I bought yesterday. Emily called from the road pleading for me to buy a flower basket that she saw and loved. Little did I know it was 3 feet wide! It's beautiful and I hope I can keep it looking this good throughout the season.


I've been sitting out on my porch for the past 3 hours. It's been wonderful! Unfortunately I have to go in and do some deep cleaning. Sound like fun? Not. Lots to do before Emily's graduation party in 2 weeks. I've got the energy, so here I go.

6 comments:

happyone said...

Your garden is beautiful and I love all the little fun things you have scattered around in it. : )

Martha said...

So, so lovely. Every year, I find new things I want to do with my yard and gardens. I've still got a long way to go!

KathyA said...

So beautiful!!!! And I love the whimsical touches to the garden. Did you make the rock cave? As soon as it stops pouring I'm going outside to search for rocks!

Lena said...

I love the rock cave!

Your garden is beautiful. You sure do have a lot of energy!

Looks like a perfect place for a party!!

Jamie said...

Simply beautiful, Cheryl. You have such talent...and energy. Hugs, dear friend. :)

Noofy said...

Your garden changes every year, isn't it great? Yours is always beautiful. I have a fondness for bunnies, but you know that. I like the solar lights, love to see them at night, do they attract bugs? The deck is gorgeous. If I know you, you'll keep adding to all.

Post a Comment

I love comments!