14 January 2009

More than I planned

Just a quick hi before work. It's the coldest day of the season. Brrr. Emily actually wore a coat. I learned a long time ago not to even try to insist. I figure the worst that can happen is that she's cold. I hate to be cold.

I'm listening to a great audio book: Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. He sure is a great storyteller. I'm never disappointed. I can't wait to get in my car and listen on my way to work.

I have a big break today. What will I do? Pick up my X-rays. Go to the mall? Get my hair done? Start the book club book that I have to read (Life of Pi)? Of course, the break could get filled with clients. That would be best.

Tomorrow I'll go swimming and to the dentist. I'm going to have work done to replace my Maryland bridge. Ever hear of one of those? It was developed many years ago at the dentistry school at U of MD. I went to their clinic as a young hairdresser because of the price. They only accept patients that have interesting work to be done. All the appointments are 3 hours long, and you had to go twice a month. I think it took 13 long months to complete my work. The first step was getting my gums in perfect shape. Then redoing every filling. Then the start of the bridges(2). My dentist was wonderful, every step of her work was approved and graded by her instructors, and I knew I was getting Grade A work done. Better than I could have gotten at a regular dentist. It was all very interesting. The worst part, beside the time, was that they had to use a rubber dam every time, and those clamps were a killer. They did everything by the book. To make a long story shorter, about 2 years ago I had to have one of the bridges removed because of a cavity in a neighboring tooth. I never got it replaced. It's only been recently that I saw a picture of myself and realized that if I smiled big and you were on the side of me that you could see the gap. (With this bridge, the teeth on either side of the missing one are fully intact). So, it's time for some dental work. I would also like all of the metal fillings to come out and be replaced by the white kind. I'm very fortunate to have a dentist in my family.

So much for a short post. Gotta run.

7 comments:

KathyA said...

Busy, busy girl! It's 'tooth time' for me as well. I'm facing a root canal as I've broken a molar. I'm not sure how it works, and not sure I want to know.

ellesu said...

Ouch! I'm in the middle of getting a bridge and two caps. My dentist had a heart attack (he's fine now) which set things back a bit, and when the caps and bridge were finally delivered, he wasn't happy with the bridge so....he sent it back and I'm still waiting for it to come back. I hope it works this time.

Stay warm. It's even chilly way down here in the swamps. :)

Brad said...

Same as Kathy here - tooth time in a major way. I've got tons of work to be done but at $1000 a crown it's being spread out. My least fav thing to do is go to the dentist!

beachgirl said...

I really dislike dentists. But I hear dental schools rock for getting thorough work done. For years while my ex was in Medical school we used the eye clinic there. It would take hours but worth it.

Stay warm.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

So how did your break go?

Like everyone else, I have dental work on the horizon. Just fillings, but a bunch of them.

happyone said...

Good luck at the dentist.
This past year or so, I had all my old metal fillings replaced with white. I'm so glad to be done and now only have to go to the dentist for cleanings!!

bonnie said...

I liked Life of Pi. I'm listening to The Road, by Cormack McCarthy. It's good. I'm tired today.

Post a Comment

I love comments!