Oh my! Do I even remember how to blog? It doesn't matter. I'm going to pretend that I've never done it before. Only those who knew me as a regular blogger will know.
I received a 5-year journal before Christmas. There are only a few lines available for each day and I just couldn't wait till January 1 to start writing. With that limited amount of space, what I write has to be 'just right.' No erasing allowed. Most important, it has to be interesting enough to look back on. That's a tall order for a little book. Here, I can write whatever I want. I'm going to try to be like Jamie and write once a week. I spend/waste so much time on social media; surly I have time for this. A big thank you to Josie for writing and prompting me to check out her blog. My blogging friends mean the world to me.
Today was a day off. I spent most of the morning jittery from strong coffee. And cold! I spent hours looking for a vacation rental in N Myrtle beach for a trip with my sisters this summer. Coordinating our availability with my work schedule and cost restraints made it really difficult and its not solved yet. After all that, my GA sister and I spoke on the phone and she's going to get in touch with a friend who has a place in Hilton Head. We stayed there 2 years ago. There was a lot I loved about it, but I really missed being oceanfront. I know...small problem in the scheme of things. I just love a beach and palm trees.
My boyfriend Gregg thinks I'm so athletic. I'm not. I hate to work out. I'm amazed that I kayak. And proud. He's very, very athletic. He goes to the gym at least 3 times a week and exercises at home. He says he needs it for stress-reduction and he likes being strong. He runs, lifts weights, kayaks, etc. He's in great physical shape. My shape is soft but he loves me the way I am. Still... it's hard having a boyfriend with all those muscles and motivation. It really is true about age...if you don't fight what the body wants to do, it's all downhill. I wish I didn't have to do anything. Sometime before Christmas I went to the gym and swam 6 times in 2 weeks. I was on a roll. Then came lots of doctor appointments for my mom and then the holidays. Today I went to the gym and swam. I was almost ready to give up after 2 laps. By 6 laps I was getting into a rhythm. I completed 18 laps. It felt so good afterwards! I'm motivated, but will it last? I did say I don't like to exercise. I really just want a better body, truth be told.
OK...I've started.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
05 January 2017
The Girl With the Curl
About Me
- Cheryl
- I have the perfect job for me. I choose to be a happy person. I have a 23 year old daughter, a mostly local family and some great friends. I live in a sun-filled home that I love. I love to learn. I'm easy to please. I'm not always what I seem.
I Wonder What's In Here?
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
My Blog List
-
-
-
Reflections (And Not on a Green Pond) - One would have to be a hanging salami to not be affected by the literal dismantling of our White House, Rose Garden, Performing Arts Center, and on and ...2 months ago
-
-
Marching In - Here it is March already and winter just flew by. Anyway, another milestone was passed, 71 trips around the sun in January! If any of my followers are stil...6 months ago
-
Hello world! - Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!1 year ago
-
-
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman - This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network. My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing it t...6 years ago
-
Healthy Living as a Type 1 Diabetic: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM - *New Podcasts: * Healthy Living Diabetes: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM *30 minute podcast click here * 60 minute podcast click here Anyone who ha...6 years ago
-
Meg and Other Matters - Meg, Alex’s lifelong friend, got married Saturday! She’s Hyacinth’s daughter, and while it’s a little surreal that she is now a married woman, she found pr...7 years ago
-
Whatever It Takes - Have you ever been in a position of having someone--a spouse, significant other, someone very close to you--ask you a major, "What if..." question? I was h...7 years ago
-
Moving to a New Location - This year I will be blogging at: http://josietwoshoes.wordpress.com Please come and visit me there! :-)8 years ago
-
Back again - I miss my blogging friends. I have become addicted to Facebook and Twitter and it steals all of my time. The only blogs I usually read now are by bloggers...9 years ago
-
A quick update--- - I am still in the hospital, and I have to tell you --- my pain this time is so, SO much worse than ever before. I understand it is because he took out two ...9 years ago
-
The Watchers - A few years back I asked my grandmother what her earliest memory was. She thought for a moment and told me that the most vivid memory she has from early c...10 years ago
-
How I started the new year..... - A few days after January 1, I hurt my foot. I thought perhaps I had stepped on it wrong and sprained it. I knew I had a doctor's appointment coming up so...10 years ago
-
RIP Mom, I love you - July 8, 2015, my brother called to tell me my mother had passed away. I don't want to go into the details. It's been hard. I have a lot of guilt. I used Na...11 years ago
-
Diagnosis Today! - Well, my father just called and we are leaving at 11:30am to head to the doctor. sniff sniff. At least we will eat a good lunch somewhere. That gives m...11 years ago
-
Resisting - To quote a CBSnews.com article, "Flowers are blossoming. Bees are buzzing. The sky is blue. Sunsets have been stunning. Temperatures have crept north ...11 years ago
-
Author's Website - My new author's website and blog is live. You can find it here. Among other things, on the books page it has a synopsis of my soon-to-be-published book *Th...13 years ago
-
I Love Photography! by The Pioneer Woman - A short time after I started my blog in 2006, I got a “big girl camera” and began learning about photography. My learning approach was to take thousands an...13 years ago
-
-
Another Week Gone - *Earlier today I did manage to change my header pic to one from the Opryland Hotel Atrium in Nashville, TN. Harry and I enjoyed our time at the Ryman and ...14 years ago
-
HOPE CHEST - *I was recently asked a question by BlogHer:* *"How do I plan to create Happiness for myself in 2012?" Tough question if you ask me..** *(oh before ...14 years ago
-
Wow...I almost forgot about my blog! - The best intentions sometimes fall by the wayside once spring and summer get here. And what with addictive games and contacts on Facebook, my blog has suff...15 years ago
-
His name is "Stay!" - I'm lucky enough to get a call every so often from the Endress+Hauser Corporation to make something out of their spare parts. They give me full creative...16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-


3 comments:
I was so delighted when I got your message and then saw your comment on Jamie's page! Weekly updates on life will be wonderful from both of you! Facebook is great for knowing someone is still among the living, but not really a good place for sharing much else. A five year journal would be awesome, I'd probably bail out by the end of a month, I so dislike writing without the ability to edit! We are spoiled with technology. :-) This was so interesting to me because I picture you as so athletic from all your FB activities, and most definitely you staying in good shape, so now I know you have to work at wanting to do it, but it is so worth it, you still look like a kid yet, and will live long and well! I think Gregg is a great gift in your life and I'm sure he does find soft nice! I am like you, I really want to see those waves washing on the beach at sunrise and sunset, but Hilton Head is a very lovely place. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead, can't believe all that's transpired in all of our lives in the past almost ten years! Let's stay friends forever! <3
I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU HERE! And if I had something to do with your decision to write again, then yay me -- LOL.
I so understand exactly what you say about working out and feeling fit and hell, looking great more than anything. But let me be a bit of a bummer here --- do it for me. I cannot. And you know, I used to swim and visit the gym and walk, and walk and walk. Now, all I can do is exist and I cry and wish and carry on and feel sorry for myself, but I cannot do any more. Not yet. I still have hope that I will be able to, as soon as the next surgery fixes me, or the next one, or the next one, wheneverthehell that might be. But without hope, there is nothing. So, think of me, and get yourself to the gym or the pool our out in your neighborhood, because I remember when you were a walker. Those of us who can and don't are asking for trouble, at least that is my view anymore.
Cheryl -- soo, soo, SOO happy to see you here again. I am wanting to keep at this, maybe we can help each other stay with it again.
Much love and big hugs ---
Jamie
Good to see you back writing. I should try to do the same.
Post a Comment
I love comments!